034Motorsport's Density Line Engine Mounts are the new standard in comfort and performance. Our mounts are redesigned with performance in mind, and manufactured from high-durometer rubber for increased performance and durability, without sacrificing comfort.
Density Line Motor Mounts for Audi I5 models including the UrS4,UrS6, Coupe Quattro, 80/90, 100/200, 4000/5000, are void-free and fluid-free, eliminating the slop associated with the factory mounts, resulting in improved shifting feel and driving dynamics.
The Street Density Engine Mount is manufactured from 50 durometer rubber, which is approximately 10% stiffer than stock. Since the mounts are also void-free and solid-filled, the resulting mount is approximately 25% stiffer than stock.
The result is greatly reduced drivetrain slop, crisper shifting, and minimal wheel hop, without any significant increase in noise, vibration, or harshness (NVH) inside of the cabin. These mounts are a completely re-engineered performance solution, not just inserts for use with the factory mounts.
- Manufactured from 50 Durometer (Street Density) Rubber with Void-Free Construction
- Reduced Drivetrain Slop
- Decreased Engine Movement Under Load
- More Direct Power Transfer
- Improved Shifting Feel
- Complete Drop-In Replacement of Factory Engine Mounts
- Sold Individually (One Vehicle Requires 2 Mounts)
High-Durometer Rubber vs. Polyurethane:
Density Line Mounts are manufactured from high-durometer rubber instead of polyurethane for a number of reasons. While vulcanized rubber mounts are more expensive to prototype due to increased complexity of manufacturing and high initial tooling costs, rubber is inherently better than polyurethane as a damping medium for mounts and bushings.
Rubber is able to deal with stress under both tension and compression, while polyurethane mounts rely on the damping medium to be effective only under compression. Rubber is also excellent in shear, where polyurethane is ineffective, making it ideal for applications that apply a shear force to the bushing during articulation.
Rubber does not pack and wear like polyurethane does, which ultimately results in a long-lasting part with consistent performance and comfort.
- The nuts for these mounts should be torqued to the factory specification of 25 Nm (approximately 18.5 ft. lbs.). Overtightening these nuts can cause damage to the mounting studs!
- These performance engine mounts will fit most Audi I5 models, including UrQuattro, 4000/Coupe GT, 80/90/Coupe Quattro, 5000, 100, 200, S4 and others. However, some non-US cars use an offset-style mount. These will not fit those applications. Density Line Mounts for offset mounts are available here.
This Part Fits the Following Vehicles
|Audi||C4 S4||Quattro||20v T|
|Audi||C4 S6||Quattro||20v T|