034Motorsport is proud to offer the FP34 - the most advanced Bosch 044 fuel pump installation solution available. This beautifully-designed surge tank fully encloses a Bosch 044 fuel pump inside a 1 liter reservoir, and allows for flexible mounting location while ensuring optimal flow from the Bosch 044 Motorsport Fuel Pump.
The FP34 Fuel Surge tank features:
- CNC machined billet aluminum end caps with Viton o-rings for perfect sealing
- Tefzel fuel proof wiring inside can, same as what is used by the OEM's
- Extruded aluminum body, 4" diameter by 8.5" long body, black anodized
- Mounting tabs that allow flexible installation options
- M12 threaded ports on inlet and outlet for nipple or AN connections with the correct adapters, can maintain the stock check valve if desired
- Flexible mounting from horizontal to vertical with NO fuel starvation issues
- End cap integrated pickup design ensures that the FULL 1-liter of fuel will be available to the pump
So one question you may have, why the need for a fuel surge tank like this? Well, there are many reasons. Most stock VW/Audi fuel pumps flow enough for 200-300HP maximum, adding a higher flowing fuel pump inside the gas tank is certainly an option that we offer. In other cases, replacing the pump inside the tank is not possible due to special pickups, for example like in the Mk4, TT Quattro or R32 and others. Adding a fuel surge tank like this can easily take your stock pump from the 2-300HP to a 700HP capability that the 044 has.
Some believe that simply cutting the fuel line coming out of the stock pump and sticking a Walbro or 044 pump inline with the stock fuel like will increase output, but this is false. By installing a fuel pump in series like this, the fuel flow available to the 044 is greatly reduced, while this type of series installation could greatly improve the pressure of the fuel system, it will greatly reduce the mass flow of the fuel system. Only by installing the 044 so that is has an unrestricted feed to the inlet will maximize its flow potential.
The FP34 Fuel Surge Tank allows the stock pump to fill its 1 liter volume, also the return from the fuel pressure regulator should also to dumped back into the FP34. Then the 044 can draw from the volume without restriction with full flow to the injectors.
The FP34 Fuel Surge Tank Benefits:
- Solid billet aluminum construction, no welds, all o-ring seals
- QUIET operation, FULLY submerged means that no part of the 044 pump is exposed, meaning maximum quiet.
- 044 pump fully submerged for whisper quiet operation
- Full 1 liter volume of fuel available to pump, 99% of all fuel is available for pump to use
- Can be mounted in the engine compartment near the fuel rail, or anywhere there is space, fully self contained fueling unit
- Inlet and outlet solutions to accommodate virtually any installation
- Fuel flow for up to 700HP at pressures up to 90+psi (6.2 BAR)
- Can be mounted fully horizontally or vertically or anywhere in between
What is included for the base price with the FP34:
- Aluminum body and end caps that thread into an 044 pump
- Bosch 044 "Motorsport" Fuel Pump
- Quantity 3 -12mm plugs that allow various configurations
- Wire pass throughs and pre-terminated fuel proof wire
- Mounting feet for flexible mounting of FP34 Fuel Pump Unit
*Note* Does not include fitting kits. Choose between AN fitting or nipple connection fitting kits - See ES3419786 (-6AN fitting kit), or ES3419781 (Nipple connection fitting kit).
This Part Fits the Following Vehicles
|Volkswagen||Golf III||All||VR6 12v|
|Volkswagen||Golf IV||All||VR6 12v|
|Volkswagen||Golf IV||All||VR6 24v|
|Volkswagen||Jetta III||All||VR6 12v|
|Volkswagen||Jetta IV||All||VR6 12v|
|Volkswagen||Jetta IV||All||VR6 24v|
|Volkswagen||Jetta IV GLI||All||1.8T|
|Volkswagen||Passat B5||4 Motion||1.8T|