Upgraded Oil Pump Shaft Kit - M50/M52 S50/S52
- Mfg Part #
- ECS Part #
The early M5X engines have well-documented issues caused by harmonics. The extreme vibrations cause the weak oil pump shaft to shear off or the oil pump nut to come loose and fall off, all of which results in an instant loss of oil pressure. Achilles Motorsports decided to develop a solution to fix all of these known issues.
Achilles takes their oil pump shafts to the extreme, using only the toughest materials and heat treatment processes to ensure optimum strength. The core of this kit is a hardened Chromoly shaft that is centerless ground to ensure absolute trueness. The shaft is engineered with an exclusive square key lock system that not only prevents the gear from ever spinning on the shaft but also adds strength to the area to which the gear mounts. Achilles Motorsports then replaced the pesky oil pump nut with an extended length bolt that is EDM drilled for safety wire to properly secure it for all conditions. Don't wait for your oil pump to fail and leave you stuck with costly engine repairs!
- Hardened Chromoly centerless ground shaft
- EDM Drilled Bolt with a piece of safety wire included
- Grade 8 extended length hardware to secure the gear to the shaft
- Left hand threaded to prevent it from unexpectedly coming loose
- Double-D keyed shaft and drive gear
- 100% serviceable & rebuildable without the need for grinding.
NOTE: Professional installation required! The shaft requires being pressed into the oil pump's inner rotor.
This Part Fits the Following Vehicles
|BMW||Z3||M Coupe||S52 3.2L|
|BMW||Z3||M Roadster||S52 3.2L|