From the factory, BMW equips the N55 with a plastic charge pipe. These can and will break at the plastic seams - adding this Active Autowerke charge pipe to your vehicle prevents the imminent vacuum leak stemming from a cracked factory charge pipe. This mod prevents your car from experiencing limp mode. Made from all aluminum, with a CNC machined connection to the throttle body, allowing for a tight seal. A boss with two separate ports are provided upstream where the injected mix of water/methanol can properly atomize before entering the engine. The thread depths for the water/metahnol nozzles are also checked to allow for a proper spray pattern without hitting the inside walls of the threaded holes. The BMW N55 engine does not utilize external diverter valves like it's N54 predecessor. Rather, the BMW N55 has diverter valves that are built inside the engine turbo compressor housings and no in the charge pipe. As such, there are no provisions to add larger BOVs.
- Specific design to correct a problem
- Consistent 3.00" tubing for increased performance
- Increase throttle response and decrease throttle lag
- CNC machined throttle housing for a poper seal
- Retains factory BMW O-Ring seal
- Provision of raised boss for 2 Water/Methanol nozzles
- BLACK powder coated for that OEM look
Factory throttle clip not included.
This Part Fits the Following Vehicles