The Infinity ECU delivers state of the art engine control for the racing masses at a fraction of the cost of comparable high end systems. Built around a latest generation 200MHz automotive processor, the Infinity is capable of processing 400 MIPS (millions of Instructions per second). The Infinity ECU is available in configurations to support four- to 12- cylinder engines.
The Infinity’s airflow-based, volumetric efficiency (VE) tuning models simplify start up and speed up the tuning process by eliminating many of the lookup and trim tables (Correction Tables) necessary in previous generation ECUs.
Combined with AEM’s industry leading after-purchase support system, including free technical support, the Infinity is the ultimate engine control solution for both professional race teams and weekend track cars.
* Airflow model based (VE) tuning
* ECU Set Up Wizard simplifies start up
* Flex fuel compatible & multi fuel capable
* Programmable drive by wire
* Programmable variable cam timing
* Programmable boost control strategies
* Programmable nitrous control
* On-the-fly map switching
* Up to 2 internal Lambda air/fuel controllers
* Up to 2 knock sensing circuits
* Programmable traction control
* Data logging up to 64GB, up to 100 channels at 1KHz
* Outputs to 3rd party dashes and data loggers
* AEMnet enabled
* View logs in InfinityTuner or AEMdata software
* Industry leading data transfer speed (up to 480Mb/sec)
* Integrated engine protection strategies
* Sealed enclosure and IP67 rated comms ports
* Password protected maps
*THE I6/8h PLATFORM*
The Infinity-6 and Infinity-8h ECU is an affordable state-of-the-art engine control unit designed for four- and six-cylinder racing engines and racing engines with up to 8 cylinders that are using high-impedance injectors. Extensive research and development was put into designing the Infinity-6/8h to ensure that it delivers an unmatched price point for this level of engine control.
The Infinity-6 is designed for racing engines with up to 6 cylinders. It features a smaller footprint than the Infinity-8/10 (5.855” x 5.55” x 1.8”) and a single, weatherproof 80-pin connector.
The Infinity-8h is designed for high performance V8 crate engines and race engines using high impedance injectors with up to 8 cylinders.
- Infinity Supported applications refer to an engine family or cam/crank pattern for which the Infinity ECU has been tested and validated to run. However, certain ancillary vehicle systems (such as factory instrument clusters, automatic transmissions, and certain drive by wire throttles), may not be supported.
- The Set Up Wizard included with the InfinityTuner user interface software dramatically simplifies initial tuning configuration to help ensure successful initial start up for Supported applications.
- Wiring is required for Supported applications. AEM offers Universal wiring harnesses in several iterations and detailed application-specific wiring instructions/schematics
The Infinity ECU is able to transfer data via USB at up to 480 Mb/second. It features a fully-sealed IP67 communications connection system.
Infinity is AEMnet enabled and will communicate with another AEMnet-equipped device. It is able to output to 3rd party dash/logger devices (not all 3rd party dash/logger devices may be supported). Call AEM technical support at (310) 484-2322 for more information.
INFINITY ECU ADVANCED TUNING PACKAGE
Certain Advanced Tuning functions, hardware outputs and sensor inputs are available for the Infinity Programmable ECU. The Infinity ECU's Advanced Tuning Package is available at no charge for a limited time. Please contact an Authorized AEM dealer or call AEM Performance Electronics at (310) 484-2322 for more info.
This installation is not for the tuning novice! Use this system with EXTREME caution! The AEM Infinity Programmable EMS allows for total flexibility in engine tuning. Misuse or improper tuning of this product can destroy your engine! If you are not well versed in engine dynamics and the tuning of engine management systems DO NOT attempt the installation. Refer the installation to an AEM-trained tuning shop or call 800-423-0046 for technical assistance.
NOTE: All supplied AEM calibrations, Wizards and other tuning information are offered as potential starting points only. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE ENGINE TUNER TO ULTIMATELY CONFIRM IF THE CALIBRATION IS SAFE FOR ITS INTENDED USE. AEM holds no responsibility for any engine damage that results from the misuse or mistuning of this product!
This Part Fits the Following Vehicles
|Volkswagen||Jetta IV GLI||All||1.8T|