Through in-house product testing and performance validation, the design team at ECS Tuning have put together an affordable Big Brake Kit (BBK) for your MK7 Golf / GTI. Utilizing Genuine Volkswagen brake calipers from the MK5 R32, you can instantly bolt on better braking and have confidence in the performance and reliability that this kit provides.
With the ECS 310x22mm Big Brake Kit, the brake pad is moved further outboard from the center of the hub, thereby improving braking system torque. The included rotors convert the solid 272x10mm discs to ventilated 310x22mm discs for improved heat transfer and repeatable, high speed stopping. With all of these benefits it's clear to see why the ECS BBK offers immediate improvements!
ECS V4 Brake Rotors are Electrostatic Coated to prevent rust more effectively than the typical phosphate finishes used by other manufacturers. Oftentimes these phosphate coatings are only preventative during shipping and storage, resulting in immediate visible corrosion once exposed to heat and moisture on your vehicle. Our Electrostatic Coating is tested to endure 400 hours of salt spray exposure without rusting - we did this to save you the headache that comes from both the unappealing aesthetic of rusty rotors and associated run out issues. ECS V4 Rotors have a beautiful, fully machined finish - we fully machine our rotors to promote superior rotor balance and to give your car an attractive rotor that peeks out from behind your beloved wheels.
This kit includes blue calipers that were originally fitted to the MK5 R32. Installation of the new carrier lets your new calipers bolt up with ease. The ECS custom made, stainless steel brake lines complete the installation for 100% bolt on performance.
Our kit includes:
- MK5 R32 Rear Calipers (Blue)
- MK5 R32 Rear Caliper Carriers
- ECS V4 - Cross Drilled/Slotted, Vented Rotors (310x22)
- All necessary hardware for installation
- ECS Exact Fit Stainless Steel Brake Lines
- 1 Liter of Pentosin DOT4 Brake Fluid
- Brake pads sold separately -- See Stage 1 Braking Section for pad options
- Factory brake rotor dust shields must be removed to accommodate these larger brake rotors
- Recommended to be used only with 340mm or larger front brake rotors for proper braking bias
This Part Fits the Following Vehicles
|Volkswagen||Golf VII||Hatchback||1.8T Gen3|
|Volkswagen||Golf VII||Sportwagen||1.8T Gen3|
|Volkswagen||Golf VII||Hatchback||2.0T Gen3|