Single Mass Flywheel Conversion Kit 52151203 Valeo With Seals/Guide Tube - Deluxe Kit
This kit contains: solid flywheel, pressure plate, clutch disc, throw-out bearing and flywheel mounting bolts. ***This solid flywheel replaces the OE dual mass flywheel***. For the R53/R52 Cooper S/JCW W11 engines.
**If you have missing hardware Valeo will replace directly to the customer. Please contact us and let us know with your order number** Valeo is working on an updated box design so if your items in box slide around and do get damaged, please contact us with order and Valeo will replace and ship to you. No need for a return to ECS**
We also included the 2 seals and the guide tube to complete the job, if you are doing the clutch conversion these are 3 items that you might as well do also as this prevent clutch disc hand up and also a leaky seal down the road that on the inside of the transmission/
This dual mass flywheel conversion kit replaces the stock dual mass setup in your 6 speed with the more reliable single mass setup.
Dual mass flywheels allow for fluid-feeling clutch engagements and offer a more luxurious feel than single-mass flywheels. However, with these benefits come significant drawbacks. Why convert from a dual-mass flywheel to a single-mass flywheel?
- Cost: Dual-mass flywheels are expensive, with the cost of replacement often times is double or triple than that of converting to a single-mass flywheel.
- Serviceability: Single-mass flywheels can be resurfaced, eliminating the need to replace with the next clutch service. - something that is not recommended with dual-mass flywheels, as they contain a rubber section that is more failure-prone in high mileage application.
- Simplicity: Single-mass flywheels lack the complexity of dual-mass flywheels, making them inherently more reliable. Dual-mass flywheels contain a rubber damper or hub that will, like all rubber components, wear out with time.
- Driveability: Valeo's conversion kit has been designed to maintain nearly identical clutch and flywheel weight, ideal for keeping the clutch quiet and easy to drive.
This kit includes
- Replacement Flywheel
- Clutch Disc
- Pressure Plate
- Release Bearing/ Throw Out Bearing
- Flywheel Bolts
- Pressure Plate Bolts
- Alignment tool
- Victor Reinz Seal part # 11111492244 Main Seal/crankshaft seal
- Corteco part # 23117518633 behind the guide tube seal
- Genuine MINI part # 23117551719 Guide Tube
- ATE Type 200 Brake Fluid 1 Liter
- Genuine MINI transmission Drain Plugs x 2. One for the top and one for the bottom.
- Redline MTL 75w80 x 2 Quarts (~1.5Q needed to change oil) Recommended for MINI manual transmissions requiring MTF 94
**Due to the nature of lightened single mass flywheels added "NVH" or "chatter" will or may occur during operation. Accompanying modifications can also increase or decrease the amount of "NVH" or "chatter" in the drivetrain. Please contact our sales team with any questions.**
This Part Fits the Following Vehicles
|MINI||All||John Cooper Works GP||All||2006||R53|
|MINI||All||John Cooper Works MC40||All||2004||R53|