Master tool set contains a comprehensive set of 9 application-specific tools that are required to perform camshaft timing on M60 engines and camshaft and VANOS timing on M62 engines.
The kit includes the following:
- Camshaft Alignment Fixtures: Two camshaft alignment jigs to fix the camshafts in the TDC orientation during assembly.
- Rigid Chain Tensioner: To tension the primary chain.
- M60 Crankshaft Pin: Top dead center pin to align the flywheel at the TDC position - for M60 Engines
- M62 Crankshaft Pin: Top dead center pin to align the flywheel at the TDC position - for M62 Engines
- Secondary Chain Tensioner Locking Springs: Utilized to lock the timing chain tensioners in the retracted position (2 pcs included)
- M62 Chain Tensioning Bracket Trestle: Used to provide a mounting point for the rigid chain-tensioning tool while the front timing case is removed from the engine for servicing the timing-chain, servicing of VANOS components or adjusting cam timing.
- M62 VANOS Timing Tool: Two fixtures to lock the sensor wheels in place during timing of VANOS equipped M62 engines
- M62 VANOS Turning / Adjustment Socket: Special socket utilized to turn the VANOS cam phase during assembly and cam-timing of M62 engines
- VANOS Electromagnetic Valve Socket: Special deep, thin-wall 32-mm socket that is required to remove the electro-magnetic valve on 6 and 8 cylinder engines equipped with VANOS variable valve timing.
Material: Black Oxide Coated Steel and Anodized Aluminum
Bavarian Autosport served the needs of BMW and MINI enthusiasts from 1974-2019. In 2019, ECS Tuning acquired the Bavarian Autosport brand, committing to continuing the tradition of excellence Bav Auto is known for. Over the years, Bav developed its own brand of parts, accessories, and upgrades. A lot of these parts are engineered and built by OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturers – companies who make original parts for BMW, MINI, and other European marques). Just as BMW and MINI do, we work with a variety of manufacturers in Europe, Asia, and North America. In many cases, we have sourced parts that are superior to Original Equipment.
A lot of time and resources have been put into developing and evaluating these products, as well as the companies who produce them. We stand behind every product we sell. If any product fails to meet our standards — or our customers' expectations — we won't sell it, and we're certainly not going to put the Bavarian Autosport name on it. In fact, we're so confident in the quality of these parts that we back every Bavarian Autosport brand part with a 2-year warranty.
This Part Fits the Following Vehicles