This manual contains in-depth maintenance, service and repair information for the MINI from 2002 to 2008 Gen 1 MINI. The aim throughout has been simplicity and clarity, with practical explanations, step-by-step procedures and accurate specifications. Whether you're a professional or a do-it-yourself MINI owner, this manual helps you understand, care for and repair your MINI.
The do-it-yourself MINI owner will find this manual indispensable as a source of detailed maintenance and repair information. Even if you have no intention of working on your vehicle, you will find that reading and owning this manual makes it possible to discuss repairs more intelligently with a professional technician. MINI Cooper S, Convertible Service Manual: 2002-2008
**Check out our BMW / MINI Schwaben Scan Tool which can be used with the Bentley manuals as a diagnostic match duo, ES# 2975699**
Models and engines covered:
- Cooper: 1.6 liter normally aspirated engine
- Cooper S: 1.6 liter supercharged engine
- Cooper: Manual 5-speed transmission (Midlands, Getrag)
- Cooper: Automatic continuously variable transmission (CVT)
- Cooper S: Manual 6-speed transmission (Getrag)
- Cooper S: Automatic with Agitronic (Aisin)
- Includes 16 page full color MINI Familiarization section
- Procedures for everything from basic oil change service to interpreting the malfunction indicator light (MIL). This manual tells you what to do and how and when to do it.
- Engine and cylinder head service, including camshaft timing chain setup and adjustment.
- Information for specific driveability problems, including explanation of the engine management system and OBD II diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs)
- Theory of operation and repair information for the EMS2000 engine management system.
- Supercharger and intercooler information, including component removal and replacement (Cooper S)
- Drivetrain maintenance, including troubleshooting, adjustment and repair of clutch, gearshift linkage and drive axles.
- Manual and automatic transmission removal, installation, seal replacement and external service.
- System description and repair information for Antilock Brakes (ABS), Automatic Stability Control (ASC) and Dynamic Stability Control (DSC).
- Heating and air conditioning repair (IHKS / IHKA), including component replacement.
- Body adjustments and repairs, including sunroof and convertible.
- Wiring schematics and extensive electrical component section specifying relay, control module and ground locations with detailed illustrations and photos.
- Includes bonus Diagnosis Without Guesswork manual. Written for the professional technician as well as the MINI enthusiast, this advanced DTC-based diagnostic troubleshooting manual is your comprehensive source of engine management and on-board system diagnosis.
This Part Fits the Following Vehicles