MINI R55, R56, R57 Cooper, Cooper S, JCW (2007-2013) Service Manual
This manual contains in-depth maintenance, service and repair information for the MINI from 2007 to 2013. The aim throughout has been simplicity and clarity, with practical explanations, step-by-step procedures and accurate specifications. Whether you're a professional or a do-it-yourself MINI owner, this manual helps you understand, care for and repair your MINI.
The do-it-yourself MINI owner will find this manual indispensable as a source of detailed maintenance and repair information. Even if you have no intention of working on your vehicle, you will find that reading and owning this manual makes it possible to discuss repairs more intelligently with a professional technician.
**Check out our BMW / MINI Schwaben Scan Tool which can be used with the Bentley manuals as a diagnostic match duo, ES# 2975699**
- Procedures for everything from changing the ATF to replacing a dirty cabin microfilter and resetting the CBS (condition based service) system. This manual tells you what to do and how and when to do it.
- Driveability troubleshooting and detailed repair information for the Siemens DME Engine Management Systems.
- Turbocharger and intercooler information, including component removal and replacement (Cooper S, JCW).
- Drivetrain maintenance, including troubleshooting, adjustment and repair of clutch, gearshift linkage and drive axles.
- Suspension repairs, including strut and control arm replacement procedures.
- Manual and automatic transmission removal, installation, seal replacement and external service.
- System repair information for antilock brakes (ABS), automatic stability control (ASC) and dynamic stability control (DSC).
- Heating and air conditioning repair (IHKS / IHKA), including component replacement.
- Body adjustments and repairs for sunroof and convertible, including resetting of the rollover protection system.
- Electrical system service, including an easy to use electrical component section with detailed illustrations and photos.
- Comprehensive wiring schematics, including fuses and grounds.
- MINI OBD II diagnostic trouble codes, SAE-defined and OBD II P-Codes, as well as basic scan tool information and OBD II Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs).
- MINI factory tolerances, wear limits, adjustments, and tightening torques.
2007 - 2013 Mini Cooper and Cooper S models covered:
- R55 (Clubman)
- R56 (Hardtop)
- R57 (Convertible)
- Cooper: 1.6 liter normally aspirated engine
(engine codes N12, N16)
- Cooper S: 1.6 liter supercharged engine
(engine codes N14, N18)
- Manual: 6-speed Getrag (GS6-55BG for Cooper, GS6-53BG for Cooper S)
- Automatic: 6-speed with Agitronic, Aisin (GA6F21WA)
This Part Fits the Following Vehicles