Whether you are looking to replace your battery to reduce weight for track purposes or just want to upgrade to a lithium battery for it's long life and exceptional reliability, Braille Battery has you cover with their Intensity line of Lithium-ION batteries. Designed to the same stock specifications in terms of size, for easy installation and proper fitment, these batteries are significantly light that stock batteries by a ridiculous amount! The i34 battery weighs in at only 18.91bs! This is a ~32 pound reduction in weight, while still producing a whopping 2665 Pulse Cranking Amps (PCA) and offering a 159 Lithium Amp Hour/Lead-Acid Equivalent capacity. This makes the i34RS another leader in the battery industry for performance to weight ratio by a significant margin!
Some may ask, "Why should I upgrade to a Lithium battery?"
Braille Lithium delivers a higher, cleaner voltage which improves the performance of every electrical component and has shown to provide:
- Quicker starting (a full volt higher than lead and less voltage drop during cranking)
- Improved engine management & data logging performance (more stable voltage)
- Less horsepower draw from the alternator due to efficient charging (5 times faster than lead),
- Lasts 3-5 times longer (especially under the harshest environments),
- Much more reliable (less than 1% failure rate)
- Significant weight savings. (up to 1/4 the weight)
- Don’t self-discharge, so if the battery is disconnected (no draw or via power disconnect switch), they can sit for over a year and still have over 13 volts to start the vehicle.
To get all these benefits in one simple step makes it a very cost effective upgrade!!
- BCI Group: 34
- Weight: 18.9lbs / 8.57kg
- Length: 10.87" / 276mm
- Width: 6.9" / 173mm
- Height: 7.7" / 195mm
- Polarity: Right Side Positive
- Voltage: 12
- Full Charge Voltage: 13.8
- Pulse Cranking Amps (PCA): 2665
- Lithium Amp Hour/Lead-Acid Equivalent (LAH/PbEq): 159
- Life Cycle @ 10% DOD: 5000
** PbEq equals Lead-Acid Equivalent also known as LAH Lithium-Amp-Hours. This means that a 72 LAH PbEq (24AH) Lithium Iron Phosphate battery could perform the same near as a 72 AH Lead-acid battery under a high rate discharge in comparison.
When installing a lithium battery in a MINI that requires the battery to be coded in, Braille recommends setting the battery code to the lowest/smallest AGM battery setting possible.
Before purchasing a battery, please double check the size of your stock battery and the battery compartment. Many MINI's can use both a Group 34 or Group 35 size, but some vehicles are limited to Group 34 only due to constraints in the battery's total length.
This Part Fits the Following Vehicles
|Audi||B6 A4||FWD||V6 30v|
|Audi||B6 A4||Quattro||V6 30v|
|Audi||B7 A4||Quattro||V6 3.2L|
|MINI||All||John Cooper Works GP||All|
|MINI||All||John Cooper Works MC40||All|