Reduce weight. Reduce heat. Go Faster. Stop Faster!
ECS Tuning engineered 2-Piece semi-floating rotors offer real world benefits that can be felt on both the street and track! Our 2-Piece rotors combine the advantages of weight savings and rapid heat dissipation to provide a rotor superior to stock while reducing braking temperatures and extending component life. The massive reduction of unsprung weight by (15.60 lbs combined set - front and rear) improves handling characteristics under all situations. This reduction in rotational inertia allows for quicker acceleration, decreased braking distances, and more responsive handling.
- Aluminum hats: To save weight, each rotor ring is bolted to a lightweight aluminum hat made from high quality 6061-T6 aluminum, and hard anodized with an attractive matte black finish that is both durable and corrosion resistant.
- Gray cast iron rings: Long known for its wear resistance and stable friction characteristics, FC-30 cast iron is favored for brake rotors due to its ability to absorb and dissipate large amounts of heat.
- 2-Piece construction: Conventional rotors are made from 1 solid block of cast iron, causing them to be typically quite heavy and not able to quickly dissipate heat. ECS rotor hats are bolted directly to the rotor ring for massive weight savings and better ability to dissipate braking temperatures.
- Heat treated: Heat treating further reduces the tendency for rotor cracking by reducing internal rotor stresses.
- Directionally veined: Conventional rotors are straight-veined, and rely on an inefficient centrifuge-like effect to evacuate hot air from within the rotor. ECS 2-Piece rotors feature curved, directional veins that accelerate air away from the rotor at a higher velocity, leading to consistent, rapid cooling.
- Drilled and slotted: 2-Piece rotors are cross drilled to promote cross ventilation for improved cooling as well as slotted to clean brake pads, carry away water and brake dust and to reduce rotor face temperatures to minimize brake pad gassing. Cleaner and cooler brake pads result in faster, more consistent stopping. Drilled holes are chamfered while slots are machined with a ball end mill - both to prevent cracking that may be present on improperly machined rotors.
- Overall weight savings: This particular set of ECS 2-Piece front and rear rotors weigh only 62.10 lbs compared to a stock one piece 340mm and 310mm rotors at 77.70 lbs. Lighter rotors reduce unsprung weight and rotational mass to improve vehicle acceleration, braking and suspension performance.
- Manufacturing quality: Non-friction ring surfaces, including internal vents, are painted to resist salt and other corrosives. Ground braking surfaces ensure rings run parallel, and pads bed easily.
- Includes ECS Stainless Rotor Set Screws to eliminate rusty factory fasteners
*** ECS does not recommend disassembling the two piece rotors***
This Part Fits the Following Vehicles
|Volkswagen||Golf VII||GTI||2.0T Gen3|
|Volkswagen||Golf VII||Hatchback||2.0T Gen3|
|Volkswagen||Golf VII Facelift||FWD||2.0T Gen3|
|Volkswagen||Golf VII R||4Motion||2.0T Gen3|
|Volkswagen||Golf VII R Facelift||4Motion||2.0T Gen3|