Reduce weight. Reduce heat. Go Faster. Stop Faster!
ECS Tuning engineered 2-Piece semi-floating rotors offer real world benefits that can be felt on both the street and track! Our 2-Piece rotors combine the advantages of weight savings and rapid heat dissipation to provide a rotor superior to stock while preventing warping and extending component life. The 16% reduction of unsprung weight by (13.10 pounds combined set - front and rear) improves handling characteristics under all situations. This reduction in rotational inertia allows for quicker acceleration, decreased braking distances, and more responsive handling.
- Aluminum hats: To save weight, each rotor ring is bolted to a lightweight aluminum hat made from high quality 6061 aluminum, and hard anodized with an attractive matte black finish that is both durable and corrosion resistant.
- Gray cast iron rings: Long known for its wear resistance and stable friction characteristics, cast iron is favored for brake rotors due to its ability to absorb and dissipate large amounts of heat.
- 2-Piece construction: Conventional rotors are made from 1 solid block of cast iron, causing them to be typically quite heavy and not able to quickly dissipate heat. ECS rotor hats are bolted directly to the rotor ring for massive weight savings and better ability to dissipate braking temperatures.
- Heat treated: Heat treating further reduces the tendency for rotor cracking by reducing internal rotor stresses.
- ECS 2-Piece rotors feature side-specific directionally curved vanes which pump air through the rotor at a higher velocity, leading to consistent, rapid cooling on both sides equally.
- The air velocity in curved vane rotors is higher than pillar-post rotors and straight vane rotors, and as such curved vane rotors have been shown to cool more effectively.
- ECS Slotted 2-Piece rotors are slotted to clean brake pads and carry away water and brake dust. Slotting reduces the effects of pad glazing that often results from extremely high temperatures by continually cleaning the pad surface, resulting in more consistent stopping. Slots are machined with a ball end mill to prevent cracking that may be present on improperly machined rotors.
- Overall weight savings: This particular set of ECS 2-Piece front and rear rotors weigh only 65.70lbs compared to a stock one piece 340mm and 310mm rotors at 78.80lbs. Lighter rotors reduce unsprung weight and rotational mass to improve vehicle acceleration, braking and suspension performance.
- Manufacturing quality: Non-friction ring surfaces, including internal vents, are painted to resist salt and other corrosives. Ground braking surfaces ensure rings run parallel, and pads bed easily.
- Includes ECS Stainless Rotor Set Screws to eliminate rusty factory fasteners
Ready for a replacement set of rotors? ECS offers discounts on pairs of replacement rotors to the original customer or customers showing proof of ownership. Please contact the Sales Department for additional information.
*** ECS does not recommend disassembling the two piece rotors***
This Part Fits the Following Vehicles
|Volkswagen||Golf VII||Hatchback||2.0T Gen3|
|Volkswagen||Golf VII Facelift||FWD||2.0T Gen3|
|Volkswagen||Golf VII R||4Motion||2.0T Gen3|
|Volkswagen||Golf VII R Facelift||4Motion||2.0T Gen3|