The ECS Tuning Kohlefaser Luft-Technik (Carbon Fiber Air Technology) Induction System line, is a group of premium in-house designed carbon fiber engine aspiration products that not only deliver remarkable power gains, but also blend automotive engineering into an artistic canvas of underhood beauty.
Throughout years of in-house development, performance-driven design changes, and strict product testing, our design has resulted in a highly effective carbon fiber air induction system. Our induction systems not only look good but are real world tested with performance that is second to none. If you expect nothing but the best like we do, this is the only air induction system for you.
The ECS Tuning Kohlefaser Luft-Technik Induction System is engineered to fit exactly like OEM with simple hand tools and include all installation hardware. Constructed of premium materials and utilizing the most advanced development methods, we ensured you receive nothing but the best.
All of the features of our carbon fiber parts are made from hand-laid, laminated carbon fiber layers - resulting in an aesthetically beautiful complete induction system. A final layer of clear coat is applied to the outside surface for ease of care and a durable finish.
The sealed carbon fiber air box assembly is designed to enclose our custom spec'd cotton gauze, reusable air filter so only cool, outside air is drawn in. Not only does the air box draw cold, outside air, it is also sealed from the engine bay for maximum performance, no matter how hot it gets under your hood.
Inlet air is smoothed by the air filter's bell mouth inlet and is then directed through the massive 3.0" aluminum induction tubing with an integrated CNC MAF housing to maintain correct MAF scaling. All inductions tubes are bead rolled and are adjoined through 4-ply silicone couplers and include smooth band, stainless hose clamps for long lasting, durable operation.
- Sealed Carbon Fiber Upper and Lower Air Box Assembly
- 3.0" Conical, Cotton Gauze, Reusable Air Filter
- Upper and Lower 3.0" Polished Aluminum Induction Tubes
- CNC Machined MAF Flange welded to upper induction tube
- 4-Ply Silicone Couplers with ECS Tuning Logo & High Temp. Rubber Flex Coupler
- Stainless Steel German Style Hose Clamps
- Reuses factory mounting locations with all included factory mounting hardware
- Must reuse engine cover mounting ball studs (available for separate purchase - ES472399 - QTY 2)
Dyno Tested MK5 GTI with Malone Tuning Stage 2 Software & Steve Petty 3.0" Turbo Back Exhaust System
- Maximum Gains: +17 WHP @ 5,750 RPM and +12 Lb/Ft of Torque @ 5,700 RPM -- With Malone Stage 2 Software and SPM 3.0" Turbo Back
- Peak Torque Gains: +9 Ft/lbs Wheel Torque @ 3,500 RPM - Resulting in consistent low end torque increase
- Peak HP Gains: +14 Wheel Horespower @ 6,050 RPM. Largest peak gains are between 4,200 and 6,000 RPM
- Turbocharger efficiency is improved by reducing restriction ahead of the compressor, resulting in quicker spool-up - 1.5 PSI boost pressure higher than stock at 3,000 RPM . In addition, boost pressure held higher through the rev range; above 4,000 RPM boost pressure holds 2.0 - 3.0 PSI higher than stock.
This Part Fits the Following Vehicles