Kohlefaser Luft-Technik Intake System - With Carbon Fiber Box & Wrinkle Black Aluminum Tubes
The ECS Tuning MK6 Golf R Kohlefaser Luft-Technik (Carbon Fiber Air Technology) Induction System, is a premium in-house designed engine aspiration product that not only delivers remarkable power gains, but also blends automotive engineering into an artistic canvas of underhood beauty. Our system is constructed of premium materials and utilizes the most advanced development methods available to date. Our system is engineered to fit exactly like OEM with simple hand tools and includes all new installation hardware.
Starting at the front, the sealed carbon fiber air box assembly is designed to enclose our custom spec'd cotton gauze, reusable air filter so only cool, outside air is drawn in. Not only does the air box draw cold, outside air, it is also sealed from the engine bay for maximum performance, no matter how hot it gets under your hood.
All of the features of our carbon fiber parts are made from hand-laid, laminated carbon fiber layers - resulting in an aesthetically beautiful complete induction system. A final layer of clear coat is applied to the outside surface for ease of care and a durable finish.
Inlet air is filtered by our custom-spec'd high flow, reusable cotton gauze air filter element. Featuring a 3.0" bell mouth inlet that smooths incoming air, a conical shape that maximizes filtration surface area and an 8-ply cotton gauze construction to provide the best balance between airflow and filtration efficiency.
After the air is filtered, it is then directed through the massive 3.0" aluminum induction tubing which features an integrated CNC MAF housing to maintain correct MAF scaling. All inductions tubes are adjoined through 4-ply silicone couplers and include smooth band, stainless hose clamps for long lasting, durable operation. A secondary heat shield is included to keep heat soak away from the upper intake tube directly over the hot exhaust manifold and turbocharger.
Throughout years of in-house development, performance-driven design changes and strict product testing, our design has resulted in a highly effective air induction system. Our induction system not only looks good but is real world tested with performance that is second to none. If you expect nothing but the best, like we do, this is the only system for you!
The ECS Tuning Kohlefaser Luft-Technik Induction System Includes the following:
- Sealed Carbon Fiber Upper and Lower Air Box Assembly
- Wrinkle Black Powdercoated Aluminum Secondary Heat Shield
- 3.0" Conical, Cotton Gauze, Reusable Air Filter
- Upper and Lower 3.0" Wrinkle Black Powdercoated Aluminum Induction Tubes
- CNC Machined Integrated MAF Housing within Upper Induction Tube
- 4-Ply Silicone Couplers with ECS Tuning Logo & High Temp. Rubber Flex Coupler
- High Flow Silicone Turbo Inlet Coupler with DV Hose Connection
- Stainless Steel German Style Hose Clamps
- All new mounting hardware
- Must reuse engine cover mounting ball studs (available for separate purchase - ES472399 - QTY 2)
- ECS Tuning License Plate Frame (White) and 2 Window Decals (White)
Dyno Tested VW MK6 Golf R with APR Stage 2+ Software, Neuspeed FMIC, RFD, APR HPFP, 3.0" Catless Downpipe to OEM Straight Piped Turbo Back
- Maximum Gains: +18 WHP @ 6,500 RPM and +19 Lb/Ft of Torque @ 4,800 RPM
- Peak Torque Gains: +9 Ft/lbs Wheel Torque @ 3,500 RPM - Resulting in consistent low end torque increase
- Peak HP Gains: +14 Wheel Horsepower @ 6,050 RPM. Largest peak gains are between 4,200 and 6,000 RPM
- Mass Airflow gains +37.88 grams/second @ 6,250 RPM
**** Watch our video for product features, dyno performance and driving footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34qpqf2wabM&t=23s
This Part Fits the Following Vehicles