The ECS Tuning 2.0T TSI Luft-Technik (Air Technology) Induction System, is a premium in-house designed engine aspiration product that not only delivers remarkable power gains, but also blends automotive engineering into an artistic canvas of underhood beauty. Our system is constructed of premium materials and utilizes the most advanced development methods available to date. Our system is engineered to fit exactly like OEM with simple hand tools and includes all new installation hardware.
Inlet air is filtered by our custom-spec'd high flow, reusable cotton gauze air filter element. Featuring a 3.0" bell mouth inlet that smooths incoming air, a conical shape that maximizes filtration surface area and an 8-ply cotton gauze construction to provide the best balance between airflow and filtration efficiency.
After the air is filtered, it is then directed through the massive 3.0" aluminum induction tubing where the full 3.0" bore is maintained entirely to the silicone turbo inlet coupler. 4-ply silicone couplers and smooth band, stainless hose clamps are also included for long lasting, durable operation.
Throughout years of in-house development, performance-driven design changes and strict product testing, our design has resulted in a highly effective air induction system. Our induction system not only looks great but is real world tested with performance that is second to none. If you expect nothing but the best, like we do, this is the only system for you!
The ECS Tuning Luft-Technik Induction System - Without Heat Shield, Includes the following:
- 3.0" Conical, Cotton Gauze, Reusable Air Filter
- Upper and Lower 3.0" Wrinkle Black Powdercoated Aluminum Induction Tubes
- 4-Ply Silicone Couplers with ECS Tuning Logo & High Temp. Rubber Flex Coupler
- Stainless Steel German Style Hose Clamps
- All new mounting hardware
- ECS Tuning License Plate Frame (White) and 2 Window Decals (White)
Dyno Tested ECS Luft-Technik Induction System (WITH HEAT SHIELD) on a VW MK6 GTI 2.0T TSI with APR Stage 2 93 Octane Software & ECS 3.0" Valved (open) Turbo Back Exhaust System:
- Maximum Gains: +31 WHP @ 4,670 RPM and +34 Ft/lbs of Torque @ 4,740 RPM
- Peak Torque Gains: +13 Ft/lbs Wheel Torque @ 2,200 RPM - Resulting in consistent low end torque increase
- Peak HP Gains: +5.0 Wheel Horespower @ 5,000 RPM. Largest peak gains are between 4,700 RPM and 5,800 RPM
- Turbocharger efficiency is improved by reducing restriction ahead of the compressor, resulting in quicker spool-up - 0.7 PSI boost pressure higher than stock at 2,100 RPM. In addition, boost pressure is held higher through the rev range; above 4,500 RPM boost pressure holds 0.4 - 0.5 PSI higher than stock.
Looking for installation tips? Look no further, we put together a full installation tutorial from start to finish including how to remove your OEM parts in detail! See our Installation PDF under the INSTALLATION Tab for more information. References WITH heat shield, however, installation will remain very similar.
Please note the following for intake tube mounting:
- Lower Intake Tube - Use supplied M6 bolt and washer through the leg of lower intake tube. 6mm aluminum spacer will be used between the airbox mount and leg of lower intake tube.
- Upper Intake Tube - Use supplied M6 T30 torx bolt through the leg of the upper intake tube. Intake tube must be mounted IN FRONT of mounting bracket.
***For vehicles without Secondary Air Injection Only*** If your vehicle has Secondary Air Injection (See Manufacturer's Information under the Installation Tab to determine equipment), you will also need to purchase our SAI Adapter Kit - ES#2864860.
***Vehicle shown in photos depicts our ECS Shop MK6 GTI with a Golf R front bumper conversion. This intake is designed for the 2.0T TSI engine only. This can easily be found on the engine cover of your 2.0T VW. It will clearly be marked "TSI".
This Part Fits the Following Vehicles