Are you looking to make more power from your VW but afraid of melting your factory clutch with the increase in power? All too often most tunes near Stage 2 power levels will destroy your clutch the moment you even think about getting into the boost. The unfortunate consequence used to be an expensive clutch upgrade that would break the bank and sacrifice the ease of driveability. Well, at ECS we felt the same pain and decided to carry on our legacy of designing and creating top quality, easy to drive, affordable performance clutch and flywheel kits, now available for your Volkswagen MK5/MK6/MK7 2.0T platform (or similar) 6 speed vehicles.
After nearly half a decade of in-house engineering, testing and retesting of multiple iterations of prototypes, across a wide range of Stage 2 tuned vehicles, we are excited to give you our best clutch kit yet! Our kit is engineered to reliably hold 400 ft/lbs of crank torque and feature specifically selected components for performance and daily driving styles, while retaining easy commuting characteristics and enthusiast-minded control and feedback! Each kit includes a more reliable, lighter weight flywheel than factory for quicker revs while retaining a good balance between a daily and sporty driving experience. Lastly, all necessary hardware is included for basic installation, such as flywheel bolts, pressure plate bolts and throwout bearing bolts. We even included a new factory OEM throwout bearing and a VW-Specific clutch alignment tool for proper crank bore engagement and clutch disc centering.
240mm Full face, high performance organic friction material with integrated copper for enhanced heat dissipation and a long component life
OE-like marcel friction backing plate design for smooth engagement with dual stage damping springs to reduce gear noise, driveline chatter, and for smooth engagement
Increased clamp force over OEM, rated at 1,685lbs of pressure
Genuine OEM for ease of install and reliable operation
CLUTCH ALIGNMENT TOOL
VW 2.0T Specific Design, made for perfect fitment into crank bore
Perfect clutch disc spline and size, easy removal with pull tab
PLEASE NOTE: Not all aftermarket clutch kits include this proper alignment tool! We ensured you receive the proper tool for trouble-free installation!
18.85 lb. single mass lightweight flywheel (32% reduction from stock)
Specifically selected weight for ideal combination between daily and sporty driving style; faster revving for quicker gear changes and less rev-hang
Precision CNC machined from Forged 4140-HT Chromoly Steel
Homogeneous material properties promotes even wear and has superior resistance to warpage and chatter
Heat Treated to 28-32 HRC for improved wear resistance
High precision balanced for exceptionally smooth operation at high rpm
Designed and tested by a 3rd party lab to meet SFI 1.1 specification for added quality assurance.
SFI 1.1 specifies the minimum requirements for material strength and quality, as well as a 3rd party lab spin test to 150% of redline for 1 hour to ensure integrity of material and design.
Black Oxide coated for corrosion resistance
INSTALLATION KIT CONTENTS
OEM Triple Square Flywheel Bolts - QTY 8
OEM-Grade Hex Head Pressure Plate Bolts - QTY 6
OEM Throwout Bearing Bolts - QTY 3
VW-Specific Plastic Clutch Alignment Tool
With our lighter weight flywheel and performance clutch kit you can expect quicker revs, faster acceleration, improved rev matching, less rev-hang and faster shifts.
Lighter weight total assembly over OEM components (9.88lbs savings):
Clutch Disc - OEM 2.45lbs / ECS 3.15lbs
Pressure Plate - OEM 10.80lbs / ECS 9.15lbs
Flywheel - OEM 28.05lbs / ECS 18.85lbs
TOTAL COMBINED WEIGHTS - OEM - 41.03lbs / ECS 31.15lbs
From inception to completion, over half a decade in development and multiple designs tested and re-tested, we are proud to finally offer the very best clutch kit in this market, at the very best price! We partnered with a global clutch manufacturer for a performance and daily-minded clutch disc and pressure plate that met our standards and reliably holds 400 ft/lbs of torque. We designed and engineered our single mass lightweight flywheel and sent it out to a third-party balancing company for SFI 1.1 design testing. Although each flywheel is not numerically certified for SFI, the design meets all requirements for SFI 1.1 Certification.
- Our Clutch and Flywheel Kits were tested and quality inspected by our Research and Development team in our Wadsworth, Ohio facility. We strive for the highest level of precision and quality through leading edge product development technology including FARO laser scanning for reverse engineering and quality inspection, SolidWorks 3D CAD modeling, rapid prototyping utilizing our in-house 3D printer, and rigorous long term product testing.
INSTALLATION AND SUPPORT
Looking for installation tips? Look no further, we put together a full installation tutorial from start to finish including how to remove your OEM parts in detail! See our Installation PDF under the INSTALLATION Tab for more information.
Recommended break-in: 500-1,000 miles of light throttle city driving staying under 4,500 RPM. Make an effort to shift through the gears as much as possible to evenly break in the clutch and flywheel.
Try to avoid over slipping the clutch, such as prolonged bumper-to-bumper traffic, during the 500 mile break-in period.
Avoid hard launches or quick shifting until after the 500 mile break-in period has passed.
- Fitment is for Gen3 TSI engines only
- Audible chatter from the transmission after installation is considered normal. As with most single mass flywheels there is less dampening in the flywheel to reduce "gear noise." This chatter noise may be more present when the transmission fluid temperatures are hotter and may be intensified by other modifications. Most Gen3 TSI engines with the 02Q gearbox will experience some chatter noise at hotter temperatures. Please be advised that this noise will go away once the clutch pedal is depressed. This symptom may be lessened by adjusting transmission fluid weight, turning off electrical/driveline consumers (A/C, High Beams, ETC.) and by raising the RPM slightly.
- If your vehicle is still equipped with the OEM Clutch Bleeder Block / Delay Valve we STRONGLY encourage removing the restrictor or purchasing our ECS Tuning Billet Clutch Bleeder Block - ES2586656. If driven aggressively, with the OEM Delay Valve, the clutch disc is highly likely to slip, resulting in permanent wear to the clutch disc, flywheel and/or pressure plate surfaces, resulting in requiring replacement of these components.
- 06K141015B, Stage 2 Clutch Kit, single mass flywheel
This Part Fits the Following Vehicles
|Volkswagen||Golf VII||Hatchback||2.0T Gen3|
|Volkswagen||Golf VII||Sportwagen||1.8T Gen3|
|Volkswagen||Golf VII Facelift||FWD||2.0T Gen3|
|Volkswagen||Golf VII R||4Motion||2.0T Gen3|
|Volkswagen||Golf VII R Facelift||4Motion||2.0T Gen3|
|Volkswagen||Golf VII SportWagen Facelift||4Motion||1.8T Gen3|
|Volkswagen||Jetta VII||GLI||2.0T Gen3|