Build-Your-Own 3.0T Fluidampr Kit
The Fluidampr viscous torsional damper is an essential component in building a high performance 3.0T Supercharged VAG engine. A unique project between iABED Industries and Fluidampr to battle the concerns plaguing the 3.0 Supercharged engine such as:
- Failing OEM crankshaft accessory pulley
- No viable solution for crankshaft pulley upgrades in the future.
- No modular design
- Inability to add Stage 2+ power with a safer and more effective dampened crank pulley
When faced with these problems, iABED Industries took everything they learned from the industry and the Audi community and went back to the drawing board to design a damper that will be a viable replacement to the OEM part as well as be a modular design. The main issue facing Stage 2+ owners was the inability to keep the OEM pulley intact. The rubber elastic ring holding the assembly together would either crack or completely tear apart resulting in the mass amounts of billet aluminum replacements being produced.
After 10 months of engineering and prototyping, iABED Industries and Fluidampr presented the world's first viscous torsional vibration damper for the 3.0T Supercharged motor .
With its multifunction design, a user once installing the Fluidampr can upgrade to a larger supercharger drive pulley in under 20 minutes. No longer the need to put the vehicle into service mode or change the supercharger pulley once the Fluidampr is installed.With the unique modular design users can go from Stage 1 to Stage 2/ Stage 3 dual pulley with a simple add on drive on pulley which mounts to the face of the Fluidampr via (6) countersunk socket cap screws.
- Decreased Flywheel & Gearbox clatter (Especially with the 0B4 gearbox) . Flywheel clatter can be heard when converting from the OEM dual mass flywheel to a single mass flywheel (whether steel or aluminum)
- Decreased engine noise and increased smoothness on 7 speed Dual Clutch Gearbox (0B5) as well as 8-speed Automatic equipped models
- RPM drop reduction
- Engine Vibration reduction
- Sized for an OEM replacement at 162mm. Does not over drive or under drive the accessories
- Steel construction with Black Zinc plating to combat oxidation of the elements unlike the OEM unit
- (6) equally spaced M8 x 1.25 threads on a 81mm bolt circle to allow additional larger supercharger drive pulleys to be installed without the need to change out the core unit
- SFI 18.1 certified
- ISO 9001:2008 certified
- Proudly Designed in Canada
- Proudly Manufactured in North America (U.S.A & Canada)
1. Install Fluidampr to crankshaft hub bolt as per OEM specifications.
2. Torque the (6) M8 x 1.25 countersunk stainless steel (A2-70) socket cap screws to 22Nm.
This Part Fits the Following Vehicles
|Audi||B8 S5||Quattro||3.0T Cabriolet|
|Audi||B8 S5||Quattro||3.0T Coupe|
|Audi||C6 A6||All||V6 3.0T|
|Audi||C7 A6||FWD||V6 3.0T|
|Audi||C7 A6||Quattro||V6 3.0T|
|Porsche||Cayenne||S Hybrid||V6 3.0L M06.EC|
|Porsche||Cayenne||S Hybrid||V6 3.0L MCG.FA|