Forge Motorsport are excited to launch their RS7 Carbon Fiber Air Box, another superior product to be released in their ‘Hi-Flow’ range.
With this unique sleek design, you can expect to see a carbon fiber housing that flows beautifully along the engine bay, giving you more horsepower and torque, and hopefully an appreciation for the care and time that has gone into the production.
- The carbon fibre parts were created from a mould that was hand finished and refined by one of Forge's many skilled craftsmen at Forge Motorsport HQ in Gloucestershire, England.
- The smooth, flowing edges were created from military grade foam.
- The plug was finalized, and a 3D scan was taken enabling to start the long process of developing the billet tooling for manufacturing. Once the initial carbon fibrer sample was developed, Forge then fitted the intake to the Audi development vehicle for rigorous testing. A few small changes were made to ensure we provide our customers with the best possible fitment and performance.
With the design process complete, Forge wanted to be sure they delivered the best quality product they could and following the extensive design and development of this intake, they enlisted the services of one the world’s leading carbon fiber manufacturers, whose products range from F1 aero, carbon fibre car bodies, and aircraft wings!
- Rather than using a vacuum (also known as liquid infusion) to draw the resin through the mould then pulling the raw carbon fibre cloth to the mould shape, a technique known as Autoclave is used in the manufacturing of this beautifully designed product. This involves the use of up to 10bar of pressure that is blown into a 100% billet mould to force the material out. This high amount of pressure ensures the carbon fibre is fully in contact with the surface of the mould.
- Therefore, making sure the weave is tight, solid and strong; this process will also ensure there are no imperfections in the product.
- The mould is then heated to cure the resin which in turn gives a tensile strength up to 8 x stronger than mild steel but at a fraction of the weight.
All the Forge Motorsport hoses supplied in this Hi-Flow intake have been designed with 4 layers of ply.
A completely standard vehicle was sourced for the final dyno testing. The Forge High Flow airbox produced an impressive 12bhp and 20ftlb increase! This can be seen in the dyno graph in our photos where the color blue represents the RS6 with a standard intake and the red representing the same vehicle with the Forge Motorsport ‘Hi-Flow’ intake.
In The Box:
- x1 Forge Motorsport Hi-Flow, carbon fibre intake surround
- x1 Pipercross air filter or stage 2 Forge Motorsport cotton filter
- x1 Meguiar’s Premium Gold Class Liquid Wax Sachet and Forge Motorsport Micro Fibre Cloth
- x1 Silicone Hose (Connecting the Air Box) x2 Silicone Couplers for Audi RS6/RS6 x2 Silicone Couplers for Audi S6/S7
- x1 USB with both video and written installation instructions.
This Part Fits the Following Vehicles