Turbo Heat Shield N14/N18 Engine R55-R59 / R60-R61 - Matt Black Powder Coated * Newer Design *
Restyled, revised mounting and lighter. Form and function sums up the M7 Tuning Turbo Heat Shield. One of our best selling products, our heat shield will save your factory hood scoop and paint from excessive heat damage caused by the radiant heat from the turbocharger. In addition it adds a finished look to your engine compartment.
The M7 Nano Ceramic Turbo Heat shield is designed to fit over the stock turbo using pre-existing mounting points. It's lined with a custom nano ceramic thermal blanket to minimize the heat flowing to the rest of the engine bay. The insulating material has amazing heat rejection qualities. It is the same material and blanket construction used on all NASCAR and endurance race cars who generate huge amounts of heat at very high temperatures for sustained periods of time. That is why we have chosen this material. IT IS PROVEN AND IT WORKS!
The M7 Turbo Heat shield is better than anything else on the market for a number of reasons:
- It does not completely encase the turbocharger as some have assumed (the turbocharger hot section is actually fully wrapped in its own, factory installed heat shield). The OEM heat shield is ineffective at preventing long term hood paint and hood scoop damage.
- The M7 Turbo Heat Shield is open on three sides allowing heat to escape down and away from the turbo. Heat rejection is enhanced by the air flow through the radiator. The majority of radiant heat that wants to rise will be reflected down and away from the hood by the M7 insulating heat shield.
- Nano Ceramic is a proven thermal insulator which reduces the rate of heat transfer through it, thus making it a perfect way to keep turbo heat from reaching the rest of the engine bay and your hood and hood scoop.
- All material will heat soak when exposed to higher temperatures (due to hard driving) and all material will eventually heat up. The factory installed heat shield has a limited ability to insulate the the hood from the turbo heat. Thus, the addition of the M7 Turbo Heat Shield is a huge benefit as it adds a second high performance layer of heat protection and will delay the time it takes for the destructive heat to harm your scoop, hood paint and heat soak the engine compartment
- The M7 heat shield is a very simple installation using 2 easily accessible factory holes. Installation of the M7 Turbo Heat Shield DOES NOT require you to remove the bolts to the engine's cam cover.
- The addition of the M7 Turbo Heat shield adds a finished look to your engine compartment for that added WOW! effect with the Mirror Polished finish or the Matte Black finish when you show off your MINI to friends or at a local car show.
- Used as an additional layer of protection to your hood and hood scoop. Designed as a second layer of defense as is to be used in conjunction with the factory turbo heat shield and not as a replacement.
The M7 Turbo Heat shield is black powder coated heavy gauge aluminum to giving it a sleek, OEM appearance. All necessary mounting hardware is included. Using pre-existing mounting points in the engine bay eliminates the need to drill or add extra brackets. 15-25 minutes is the most you'll need!
PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA
This Part Fits the Following Vehicles
|MINI||All||John Cooper Work||All||All||R56|
|MINI||All||John Cooper Work||All||All||R57|
|MINI||All||John Cooper Work Clubman||All||All||R55|
|MINI||All||John Cooper Works||All||All||R56|
|MINI||All||John Cooper Works||All||All||R57|
|MINI||All||John Cooper Works||All||All||R58|
|MINI||All||John Cooper Works||All||All||R59|
|MINI||All||John Cooper Works||All||All||R60|
|MINI||All||John Cooper Works||All||All||R61|
|MINI||All||John Cooper Works Clubman||All||All||R55|
|MINI||All||John Cooper Works WC50||All||All||R56|