Avoid waiting around in a shop and paying for installation labor. Save time and load the tune yourself with FlashZilla!
This stage will produce medium or heavy exhaust smoke when full power is applied. Roughly half of vehicles with BEW and BRM engine codes may have boost creep after an increase of 40 horsepower, regardless of where you buy the tune from. We value long-term reliability and thus recommend a boost gauge or VCDS logging.
As with all Malone Tunes for PD TDI engines, Left-Foot Brake fix, Cruise Control fix, and P0128 fix are available at no additional cost.
- Left-Foot Brake Fix: Prevents fuel from being cut when the throttle pedal and brake pedal are pressed at the same time.
- Cruise Control Fix: Restores Cruise Control on vehicles with upgraded 5th gears or 6 speed swaps
- P0128 Fix: Reduces sensitivity of the P0128 code, "Coolant Temperature Below Thermostat Regulating Temperature". PD TDI ECU's are far more sensitive to triggering a P0128 code than other TDI ECU's and this feature will correct this factory flaw.
For over a decade, Mark Malone has been writing tunes for TDI engines and no other tune offers the performance, fuel economy, and exclusive features that the tunes from Malone Tuning offer. Malone tunes are not just your generic "tuning box" tunes. Tuning boxes skew OBD2 data causing the engine computer sees less accurate injection and boost data because the boxes alter them outside of the ECU. This can cause compatibility issues with VCDS and dealer scan tools. Malone tunes are 100% VW dealer and VCDS compatible and each tuning file is edited by Mark Malone himself in order to perfect each aspect of the tune to get the most out of your TDI.
Malone Custom Tunes take this one step further by allowing adjustment of the tune for the specific climate or elevation the car will be driven in. The boost or fuel quantity can be adjusted at specific RPM points in order to reduce boost spike, increase boost, reduce boost creep, or reduce smoke. A custom tune is especially beneficial for heavily modified TDI's with turbo, exhaust, or injector upgrades.
Malone Tuning's FlashZilla device allows you to receive tunes via email and upload them to your vehicle anywhere.
- Support for most 2000-2008 model year vehicles.
- 3 Slots for storing ECU files:
- 1 Slot to securely store your stock tune.
- 2 Slots for modified tunes. You can swap in more modified tunes from your computer.
- OBD2 cable for connecting the device to your vehicle.
- USB cable for connecting the device to your Windows computer if you want to transfer tunes to FlashZilla. Apple computers are not supported at this time.
- Erase ECU fault codes.
- ECU recovery for reliable flashes.
- Allows only 1 car to be tuned at a time. Cannot tune 2 or more cars simultaneously. Restoring the stock tune in your vehicle will unlock it for use in another vehicle.
**Please see documentation below for the FlashZilla User Guide.
This Part Fits the Following Vehicles