RacingLine's unique DSG Oil Cooler Kit is an essential fit for any hard-driven MQB 2.0 TSI car running high power levels or in hot climates. It's a complete ready to install package, using a clever sandwich plate design for straightforward and completely reliable installation.
Transferring more power and torque through the DSG gearbox generates ever more heat to dissipate. Significantly increased oil temperatures means only one thing: a decrease in the ability for your DSG box to stay properly cooled, eventually causing power drop and gear selection issues.
Under hard driving, the factory DSG oil/water cooler is easily overwhelmed. Problems start to occur when oil cannot dissipate its collected heat fast enough and the oil begins to thin and degrade - losing its lubrication properties.
When this happens, the DSG will protect itself and begin to lower the torque, increase shift times and in extreme circumstances even loose gear selection.
The RacingLine kit solves this problem: by adding in an additional air/oil cooler positioned right in the airflow at the front of the car, oil temperatures are reduced by around 15 - 20 degrees centigrade (of course dependent on how the car is being used, ambient temps and state of tune).
The kit uses a clever design which retains the factory oil/water cooling and adds to it with the thermostatically-controlled front-mounted cooler - doubling up your cooling capability when it's needed with less heat transfer into the water system.
Only when the oil exceeds normal temperatures, the thermostat opens. Oil temperature then drops significantly as it is pumped through the densely packed fins of the 10-row cooler’s large surface area mounted right in the cool airflow.
- HIGH EFFICIENCY COOLER
- The 10-row stacked plate design efficiently forces the hot oil through a series of aluminium pressed plates. Heat dissipates as cold air moves across the plates.
- TEMPERATURE CONTROL
- The unique adapter block oil take-off includes a clever internal thermostatic-control valve to direct oil flow through the cooler only when temperature hits 82°c/180°F.
- PRECISION MACHINED
- Precision machined billet components utilizing the latest 5 Axis CNC machines for perfect accuracy, first time, every time.
- 210 SERIES BRAIDED HOSE
- The oil lines feature an attractive outer nylon braid strengthened by a stainless steel inner weave for maximum resilience. Protective external sheath avoids any rubbing damage in use.
- COLD AIR LOCATION
- The front-mount location brackets of the RacingLine cooler kit places it in the optimum airflow and ensures that oil temperature drops and excess heat is funneled out efficiently.
- LOW PROFILE COOLER
- The kit includes a replacement factory-spec oil/water cooler with a lower height, allowing for easy fitment without affecting the battery tray above it.
This Part Fits the Following Vehicles
|Audi||MK3 TT (2014+)||Quattro||2.0T|
|Volkswagen||Golf VII||Hatchback||2.0T Gen3|
|Volkswagen||Golf VII Facelift||FWD||2.0T Gen3|
|Volkswagen||Golf VII R||4Motion||2.0T Gen3|