Rally Road M50 Oil Cooler Cap Kit
This oil cooler system is race tested and proven to outflow the euro M3 oil filter housing. Additionally, this particular system uses a sealing mechanism to direct the oil flow through the cooler lines and then through the oil filter. Other cooler caps do not provide this seal and therefore the external oil coolers and lines act as a "balloon". The lines and cooler are pressurized, but oil does not flow through them. Flowing oil means it is being cooled and not just acting as an external reservoir.
Flow testing reveals that the oil cooler cap will outflow the Euro M3 Oil Filter Housing by more than 80% at the same, pressure, RPM, and oil temperature. In the upper RPM range, there is nearly a 100% improvement in flow from the RallyRoad oil cooler cap when compared to the Euro M3 oil filter housing. This is a massive improvement over OE and is a worthwhile upgrade, especially in engines that see severe duty.
- -8AN o-ring ports to provide a leak free fitting without the use of Teflon tape or sealant used by other oil cooler caps.
- Viton o-rings are used throughout to maintain function and sealing in a high-temperature oil environment.
- Use of the stock filter cap bolt to reduce cost and simplify installation.
- An internal sealing mechanism to direct oil flow through the oil cooler and through the filter.
- 1/8" NPT side port for external oil pressure gauge.
- Oil filter cap with fittings
- Oil filter sealing ring
- BMW MANN Oil Filter and gasket
This Part Fits the Following Vehicles