Front Cross-Drilled & Slotted 2-Piece Turner Wave Rotors - (400x36)
The Turner wave rotors are the perfect street upgrade for your M5/M6 giving your car an extremely unique look. The looks aren't the only upgrade you get when you purchase these rotors, the performance can be found in the scallop design.
- Lightweight, precision machined 6061-T6 aluminum hat hard anodized with an attractive matte black finish that is both durable and corrosion resistant.
- The unique wave pattern further reduces weight at the outermost portion of the rotor, reducing both unsprung weight and more importantly the rotational inertia of the rotor, further improving acceleration and braking performance compared to a non-wave design.
Gray cast iron rings: High quality FC-30 cast iron with high a carbon content improves wear properties at elevated temperatures and has excellent thermal conductivity and vibration damping properties. Friction surfaces are precision ground to ensure perfectly parallel surfaces and improved pad bed in, and rotors are precision balanced for vibration free operation. Heat treating reduces the tendency for rotor cracking by reducing internal rotor stresses. Note that under heavy track use, some thermal stress cracking is to be expected - if you are strictly tracking your vehicle, we recommend slotted rotors.
Durability: Non-friction ring surfaces, including internal vents, are painted to resist salt and other corrosives.
Full floating rotor benefits:
- The lateral float capability allows the rotor to self-center between the pads, improving pad wear and reducing drag. It also reduces the effects of pad knock back, which is the tendency of the rotor to push the pistons back into the calipers due to wheel bearing deflection under extreme loading, resulting in a soft pedal and inconsistent braking. Reducing or eliminating knock back by allowing the rotor to float and self-center results in a more consistent pedal feel and braking
- The full float design allows independent radial and lateral thermal expansion and movement. Both of these features reduce thermal stresses on the rotor due to uneven thermal loading under hard braking.
- The radial expansion allows the ring to increase in diameter without being restrained by the hat, reducing the tendency to “cone” or distort toward the outer braking surface, improving pedal feel and pad wear characteristics
- The full float design conducts less heat into the bearings due to reduced contact area between the rotor and the hat.
This Part Fits the Following Vehicles
|BMW||F06||M6 Gran Coupe||S63 4.4L|