The F8x M3/M4 models are simply amazing to drive; don't let road debris keep you from enjoying the moment. These cars have so much packed under the hood to get you this experience it causes the oil cooler to be placed face-down to the road. This makes the cooler an easy target for impact, which can prove catastrophic as the stock belly pan is designed from flexible plastic material. We've heard stories of small branches, scrap pieces that fell from trucks to large ice chunks impact the cooler immediately draining the car of its oil. If you don't catch this right away this could cause serious internal engine damage due to oil starvation.
Turner's in-house engineering designed a skid plate to protect your oil cooler from these unfortunate situations, while maintaining factory aerodynamics and fitment. The idea was to design something much stronger yet that still keeps the weight to a minimum. Using 8 gauge 5052 aluminum met their goal - coming in at only 5 lbs. The Turner skid plate weighs only 3 lbs more than the plastic OE piece, making the Turner plate the lightest metal option on the market. This skid plate requires no modification and mounts using the existing factory hardware. Using a trim seal to press against the oil cooler allows the airflow to pull heat from the cooler the same way the OE belly pan was designed.
- Offers protection against impact and prevents the need for repeated belly pan (and oil cooler!) replacements
- Maintain factory cooling a performance and fitment - no cutting or modification required
- Manufactured from 8 gauge 5052 aluminum
- Maintains factory hardware (if needed: 07149126886 x11) and mounting points
- 5 lbs total weight, only 3 lbs more than the plastic OE
- Made in America!
This Part Fits the Following Vehicles