Turner N52 Performance Software
Reliability and low cost of ownership are two great reasons to own a 328i over its higher-powered siblings - the 335i and M3; although no slouch, power is not one the N52's strong suits. How about changing that?
Years of experience building and racing E90 328i cars taught Turner Motorsport more than a thing or two about tuning the N52. Consistently one of the fastest cars in the pack, Turner's Grand-Am KONI Challenge 328i was dialed in for power and reliability. Combine this racing experience with years of operating a service shop, Will Turner's team knows the importance of delivering an all-around improved driving experience. More than just a simple pedal remap or mixture adjustment, the Turner N52 tune has been street and dyno-optimized to deliver such an experience to put a smile on your face. You will not be disappointed.
What does Turner change in my car's ECU? While much of Turner's performance software is proprietary and under wraps, they do change:
- Mapping for fuel, ignition, VANOS, camshaft timing for improved power and torque, with special attention paid to low end torque. This results in a more real-world useable powerband that is more enjoyable in traffic.
- Mapping for pedal input, throttle response, and torque limiters. This results in crisper engine feedback from hitting the gas, and smoother power delivery.
- Significant improvements for cars upgrading to the 3 stage manifold to capitalize on dual DISA valves, resulting in power output superior to that of the E90 330i!
Expect crank power gains up to 19hp, 19ft-lbs of torque, with 30hp or more for cars upgrading to the 3 stage manifold (all while retaining factory emissions controls). More on the 3 stage manifold:
Found on the E90 330i, Z4 3.0Si, and X3 3.0Si, the high output N52B30H0 engine's intake manifold is a bolt-on upgrade for the E9X 328i. Using dual DISA valves, the 3 stage manifold better manages intake air volume to the cylinders that need it most - resulting in better power and torque. If you are familiar with the M50 manifold upgrade for E36 models, this is similar, although requires no adapters, cutting, splicing, or other modifications. Using all bolt-on parts, you can upgrade to the higher performance E90 330i intake manifold.
There are two ways to get a Turner tune on your N52:
- Mail in your ECU. We will contact you with instructions on removing your car's ECU and a Next Day Air shipping label to minimize downtime. One day transit time to us, one day to tune your ECU, one day transit back to you - expect three days downtime.
- Tune it yourself - at home. We will mail you easy instructions and a Turner Flash DIY tuning tool that will allow you to plug your car into your Windows laptop to tune your car. You email in your stock file, and a tuned file is emailed back to you - no downtime. (Later upgraded to a 3 stage manifold and are looking to capitalize on further power gains? If you opt for the Turner Flash DIY tool, we will be able to email you a new Turner tune at a nominal cost.)
Either method you chose, we will be in touch with you for specifics on your vehicle and desired tune.
*Dyno HP and Torque figures are not guaranteed to test identically to posted numbers on your vehicle. Metrics we present were achieved in our own testing environment, however, a variety of factors may affect results of the tune on your vehicle*
This Part Fits the Following Vehicles