Turner Stage 1 Performance Software
Turner's decades of tuning experience has delivered highly effective performance tuning that makes the most of your turbo MINI Cooper S. This simple to install ECU tune quickly and easily offers a substantial increase in power and torque, and improves the driving experience across the rpm band. Consistency is key with performance tunes, and Turner delivers: consistent, smooth power delivery that pulls all the way to redline - all while retaining factory emissions controls.
Turner's Stage 1 tune features:
- Substantial increases in power and torque: peak gains of up to +34 HP and +29 TQ. Max gains of +38 HP and +38 TQ!
- Increased rpm limiter - new redline: 6900rpm
- Removed speed limiter
- Improved throttle response
Turner's Stage 1 tune is designed to accommodate either 91 or 93 octane fuel - your car will compensate for lower octane, and will make more power with 93. Shown gains are on a 100% stock 2008 Cooper S with 175,000 miles, although is compatible with cars with cat-back exhaust, intake, and intercooler (all of which are recommended!).
Designed with street drivers in mind, Turner's software also successfully set readiness on their shop development car - meaning the car was ready for emissions testing. Results may vary, especially depending on other modifications present.
There are two ways to get a Turner tune on your MINI:
- Mail in your ECU. We will contact you with instructions on removing your car's ECU and a Next Day Air shipping label to minimize downtime. One day transit time to us, one day to tune your ECU, one day transit back to you - expect three days downtime.
- Tune it yourself - at home. We will mail you easy instructions and a Turner Flash DIY tuning tool that will allow you to plug your car into your Windows laptop to tune your car. You email in your stock file, and a tuned file is emailed back to you - no downtime.
After tuning, there's the possibility a trip to your local dealer may over-write your tune if they update your engine's software. This simply requires reloading of the Turner tune after your service visit. We find many dealers to be accommodating of our software - simply letting your service adviser know your car has been tuned is often enough to avoid an unnecessary software update.
Maintenance is key when performing performance upgrades to a forced induction engine. Turner recommends fresh spark plugs (ES2592808) every 25,000 miles and ignition coil replacement (ES2581824) should also be done every other spark plug service. Feed your MINI quality fuel - top tier gas will yield top tier performance and limit maintenance down the road.
*Dyno HP and Torque figures are not guaranteed to test identically to posted numbers on your vehicle. Metrics we present were achieved in our own testing environment, however, a variety of factors may affect results of the tune on your vehicle*
This Part Fits the Following Vehicles