997 Turbo Performance ECU Software Flash
Like all before it, the 997 Turbo is an animal out of the box. With 480 horsepower to the crank and Variable Turbine Geometry (VTG) turbochargers, this car is one to be scared of. But as with any other turbocharged car, there is more hidden inside it. Having owned a 2007 997 Turbo built in stages and taken all the way to 825HP, Vivid Racing know what it is like to have the Porsche from mild to wild. Being able to work with hundreds of 997 Turbo owners worldwide, they have the experience and knowledge to give your daily driver or track car the next level treatment. The ECU flash improves with both standard and sport mode. Standard mode should see about 16psi where sport mode will peak at around 18-19psi. The VTG turbos have a EGT (exhaust gas temperature) sensor in them so if you repeatedly run the car hard in sport mode, it will gradually get slower and slower compared to standard mode. With the increased boost and horsepower, we highly recommend changing your spark plugs to a 1 step colder plugs such as the Denso IK22 or the NGK BKR7EIX. Stock plugs with over 5000 miles will typically cause the car to misfire at peak torque around 4000rpm.
The Mustang All Wheel Drive Dyno has an approximate drivetrain loss of 20-25%, and with 91 octane, that number is definitely closer to 25%. Since the Mustang Dyno is based off of load, it presets all the cars information to calculate what real world conditions would be. We always have our Parasitic Multiplier set to 1.00 (only variable to really manipulate if you wanted to). With RPMs calibrated to 3000 and doing a 3rd gear pull, we do a start test at 2500rpm and a stop test at 6800rpm. The flash is rated at 615bhp which is 135bhp over stock! Based on these numbers and a 25% drivetrain loss, the wheel horsepower number should be about 460awhp.
Crank Horsepower Ratings:
- Stock Power - 480HP | 457ft/lbs
- Stage 1 Power - 550HP | 546ft/lbs
- Stage 2 Power - 615HP | 590ft/lbs
What are the benefits of VR Tuned?
- #1 priority is our customer service to you!
- Vivid Racing tuning is used worldwide and have powered vehicles of all types.
- All ECU tunes can be reverted back to stock if necessary.
- With the VR Tuned ECU Flash, basic bolt-on performance parts will not require a retune of your ECU.
- Adding parts such as an exhaust, intake, plenum, pulley, will all adjust accordingly with the tune.
- Vivid Racing can tune cars worldwide including JDM, EU, Australian, and USA cars for different types of octane or environments.
- Vivid Racing test and dyno tune their our own cars to make sure what you get is safe, reliable, and gives you the results you want!
How to Flash Your ECU?
- Use the VRTuned iFlash OBDII device. This REQUIRES a Windows PC. You can flash between the stock and tuned at anytime.
- You can select to get both Stages of our Tune. The Stage 2 is usually for those looking to maximize the performance of their vehicle. You must run a performance exhaust and 93+ octane. Can only be done if OBDII flashing is available.
- Choose to receive our additional ECO Mode file to help fuel economy when needed. This can be flashed via the OBDII port the same way as your tuned file. When you select this add on, you can easily flash between the files at your convenience.
This Part Fits the Following Vehicles