VW has encountered a problem with the FSI camshaft and cam follower that could lead to damage to your engine's cylinder head.
This small part can play quite a big role in your engine's well-being. It conveys the movement of your camshaft into power for the high pressure fuel pump by riding directly on the camshaft lobe.
If it becomes worn to the point of breaking it can cause permanent damage to the camshaft, fuel pump, or both. It could also send metal particles into your cylinder head which can cause damage to moving parts. Without replacement, it is common for followers to have holes worn through them.
Replacing this follower as a form of preventative maintenance can save you from spending even more money and time replacing your fuel pump or camshaft from damage caused by a worn follower. Since the fuel pump must be removed each time time this service is completed, it puts the mounting holes in the cylinder head at risk of being stripped out. This kit includes mounting studs and nuts for the fuel pump to prevent this damage form occurring.
Once this kit is purchased, please see ES4069283 for future cam follower replacements so mounting bolts aren't unnecessarily purchased each time.
Kit includes the following:
- High Pressure Fuel Pump Cam Follower
- Cadmium Plated M6 Lock Nuts - QTY 3
- Black Oxide M6 Studs - QTY 3
- Fuel Pump Sealing O-Ring (Recommended to be replaced every time fuel pump is removed)
ECS recommends checking your cam follower:
- Every 5-10K miles on highly modified cars
- Every 20-30K miles on non modified cars
* This kit is designed for the FSI engine only. This can easily be found on the engine cover of your 2.0T VW/Audi. It will clearly be stamped FSI (not TFSI).
This Part Fits the Following Vehicles