Want more stopping power? Love the look of the M5 front brakes? Well we have your solution. We here at ECS have assembled a complete kit to retrofit the front brakes from the M5 to your Non-M E60. So you can have the aggressive look, and stopping ability of the M5. This kit includes everything you need with ECS semi-floating 2-piece M5 rotors, calipers, pads, wear sensor, rotor set screw, and even ECS Stainless Steel exact fit brake lines to make your life easier.
Some advantages of ECS 2 Piece rotors
- Aluminum hats: To save weight, each rotor ring is bolted to a lightweight aluminum hat made from high quality 6061 aluminum, and hard anodized with an attractive matte black finish that is both durable and corrosion resistant.
- Gray cast iron rings: Long known for its wear resistance and stable friction characteristics, cast iron is favored for brake rotors due to its ability to absorb and dissipate large amounts of heat.
- Drilled and slotted: 2-Piece rotors are cross drilled to promote cross ventilation for improved cooling as well as slotted to clean brake pads and carry away water and brake dust. Cleaner brake pads result in faster, more consistent stopping. Drilled holes are chamfered while slots are machined with a ball end mill - both to prevent cracking that may be present on improperly machined rotors.
- Overall weight savings: Each of these M5/M6 rotors offer 2lbs of weight savings versus an OEM rotor - 4lbs of weight savings for the pair. Lighter rotors reduce unsprung weight and rotational mass to improve both braking and suspension performance.
- Manufacturing quality: Non-friction ring surfaces, including internal vents, are painted to resist salt and other corrosives. Ground braking surfaces ensure rings run parallel, and pads bed easily.
This Part Fits the Following Vehicles