The OE BMW connecting rod bearings were faulty in design from beginning. The clearance provided by the original bearings was far too little for adequate lubrication and the composition of the material used to construct the bearing was too hard and could not be tested for with an oil analysis. BE Bearings, in conjunction with Clevite, an OE bearing manufacturer, have redesigned and manufactured the bearings for greater clearance and have changed the original material composition from tin-aluminum to lead-copper. This upgrade incorporated the state-of-the-art Clevite Tri-Metal design and featured a Tri-Armor™ coating. This allows for the additional lubrication for wear prevention, plus, the softer bearings are better for your engine and are more tolerant of foreign particles suspended in your oil. Another benefit from this is that the oil can now be sent for testing to accurately gauge the amount of wear occurring in the engine.
- Sold as complete set (10-cylinders)
- Lead-copper design for greater durability and easy tracking with oil analysis like Blackstone (recommended).
- Designed with extra clearance to "fix" the BMW rod bearing design flaw.
- Designed for use with factory 10W60 weight oils.
- Tri-Armor coated for low conditions during cold start
- Ideal for start-stop vehicles
- Standard Size
This Part Fits the Following Vehicles