Service to Audi owners is of top priority to Audi and has always included the continuing development and introduction of new and expanded services. The aim throughout this manual has been simplicity and clarity with practical explanations step-by-step procedures and factory specifications. Whether you're a professional or a do-it-yourself Audi owner this manual will help you understand care for and repair your Audi.
Though the do-it-yourself Audi owner will find this manual indispensable as a source of the same detailed maintenance and repair information available at an authorized Audi dealer the Audi owner who has no intention of working on his or her car will find that reading and owning this manual will make it possible to discuss repairs more intelligently with a professional technician.
1.8L turbo gasoline
(engine codes: AEB ATW AWM)
- 2.8L gasoline (engine codes: AFC AHA ATQ)
(transmission codes: 012 01W 01A)
(transmission code 01V)
- Covers Audi A4 sedan and A4 Avant (wagon) models including quattro versions. Does not include S4 (sports model).
- Maintenance procedures: from routine oil changes to ribbed belt replacement.
- Engine and cylinder head service including timing belt and camshaft replacement.
- Component testing removal and installation for engine lubrication cooling turbocharger and exhaust systems.
- Fuel supply system service including fuel pump delivery volume test electrical checks EVAP system as well as mechanical and electronic throttle control (E-gas).
- Fuel injection and ignition system component identification electrical testing technical data and throttle valve control module adaptation using the factory scan tool.
- Drivetrain maintenance troubleshooting adjustment and repair including hydraulic clutch gearshift linkage and axles.
- Repair information for ABS brake systems.
- Suspension component replacement including struts stabilizer bar multi-link elements and wheel bearings.
- Body adjustment and repairs including doors fenders front radiator support instrument panel sunroof and seats.
- Heating and air conditioning repair including A/C electrical component replacement compressor fresh air blower sensors and vacuum hose layout.
- Wiring schematics component locations and a general explanation of electrical circuitry. Includes factory wiring diagrams for A4 and S4 models.
- Audi OBD II diagnostic trouble codes section including SAE and manufacturer defined P-codes.
- Comprehensive Audi factory tolerances wear limits adjustments and tightening torques.
This Part Fits the Following Vehicles
|Audi||B5 A4||FWD||V6 12v|
|Audi||B5 A4||FWD||V6 30v|
|Audi||B5 A4||Quattro||V6 12v|
|Audi||B5 A4||Quattro||V6 30v|