Models, engines, and engine management systems covered in this BMW repair manual :
Z3 Roadster, Z3 Coupe:
M44 engine with Bosch DME M5.2 (4-cyl.)
M52 engine with Siemens DME MS 41.1 (6-cyl.)
M52 TU engine with Siemens DME MS 42.1 (6-cyl.)
M54 engine with Siemens DME MS 43.0 (6-cyl.)
M Roadster, M Coupe:
S52 engine with Siemens DME MS 41.1 (6-cyl.)
S54 engine with Siemens DME MS S54 (6-cyl.)
Transmissions covered (remove, install, external service) in this BMW service manual:
Getrag S5D 250 G
ZF S5D 310 Z
A4S 270 R
A5S 360 R
A5S 390 R
- Maintenance procedures for everything from brake fluid changes to interpreting the malfunction indicator light (MIL). This manual tells you what to do, how and when to do it, and why it is important.
- Engine and cylinder head service, including valve clearance adjustment on the S54 engine.
- Information for specific BMW Z3 driveability problems, including explanation of engine management systems and OBD II (On-Board Diagnostics II).
- Theory of operation and repair information for Bosch DME M5.2, Siemens DME MS 41.1, MS 42.1, MS 43.0, and MS S54 engine management, DISA (dual resonance intake system), resonance/turbulence intake manifold and single and double VANOS (Variable Camshaft Timing).
- Drivetrain maintenance, troubleshooting, adjustment and repair, including hydraulic clutch, gearshift linkage, and driveshaft.
- Heating and air conditioning repair, including A/C component replacement.
- Body adjustments and repairs, including convertible top replacement and adjustment.
- Wiring schematics and extensive electrical component section specifying power distribution, grounds, and component locations with detailed illustrations and photos.
This Part Fits the Following Vehicles
|BMW||Z3||M Coupe||S52 3.2L|
|BMW||Z3||M Coupe||S54 3.2L|
|BMW||Z3||M Roadster||S52 3.2L|
|BMW||Z3||M Roadster||S54 3.2L|