The Porsche 911 SC Repair Manual: 1978-1983 is a definitive reference source of technical automotive repair and maintenance information for Porsche 911 SC models from 1978 through 1983.
This manual provides the highest level of clarity and completeness for all service and repair procedures. Enthusiasts, do-it-yourselfers, and professional technicians will appreciate the quality of photos and illustrations, theory of operation, and accurate step-by-step instructions. If you're looking for better understanding of your Porsche 911, look no further than Bentley.
Also included in this manual is an engine disassembly and rebuilding guide, with details on techniques and specifications. You'll also find camshaft and timing chain replacement techniques with the engine in the car, as well as a description and repair guide to CIS fuel injection and Capacitor Discharge Ignition (CDI).Engine covered in this Porsche technical manual:
- 3.0 liter 6-cylinder (930/04, 930/07 and 930/16), horizontally opposed, air cooled.
- 915 (5-speed, with cable-operated clutch)
- Maintenance procedures from changing the oil in the 11-quart dry-sump lubrication system to adjusting front wheel bearing play. This manual tells you what to do and how and when to do it.
- Illustrated engine disassembly and rebuilding, including camshaft, timing chain, and timing chain tensioner replacement with the engine in or out of the car.
- Dry-sump lubrication system repair and diagnosis, including replacing leaky oil return tubes with the engine installed.
- Porsche SC-specific driveability problems, including explanation of the Bosch Continuous Injection System (CIS) and Capacitor Discharge Ignition (CDI).
- Complete overhaul of the 915 transmission, including replacing the synchronizer "dog" teeth.
- Complete clutch service, including clutch cable replacement.
- Brake, steering and suspension system maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair, including torsion bar setup and adjustment.
- Heating and air conditioning repair, including A/C component replacement.
- Body adjustments and repairs.
- Electrical system diagnosis and fault finding, with an easy-to-use illustrated component locator section.
- Wiring schematics for all circuits, including power distribution, grounds, convertible top, rear wiper and other hard to find circuits.
This Part Fits the Following Vehicles