If you've ever driven a modern day manual transmission MINI Cooper, you'll quickly notice that there's an abundance of unnecessary leg movement to disengage the clutch. This excessive leg motion creates several problems such as an uncomfortable, non-driver's focused seating position, difficulty in consistently finding the clutch engagement point and leaves room for improvement on faster gear changes.
With the ECS Adjustable Clutch Pedal Stop in place, driving dynamics are dramatically improved! Our unique, height adjustable thread-in design allows you to fine tune clutch pedal feel to your preference, improving the connection between your foot and the transmission.
As you push down on the clutch pedal, the clutch disc becomes disengaged from the flywheel, allowing the transmission to become disconnected from the engine. However, there is a point within the clutch pedal travel where the clutch disc becomes disengaged, but the pedal keeps going past the point of disengagement. This is called "dead travel" and it leaves the clutch engagement point feeling more like a floating target.
By reducing the amount of travel needed to disengage the clutch, you gain consistency in take-offs and launches by always stopping the clutch pedal at the proper point, just before clutch engagement.
This unnecessary pedal travel is removed and taken up by the height of the clutch pedal stop, helping to lock into place the clutch disengagement point higher up off the floor for more consistent take-offs, faster gear changes, and sportier pedal feel.
- With premium materials and our unique adjustable design, this part will completely transform your driving experience with improved pedal feel!
- Adjustable to eliminate “dead travel” after point of disengagement, which improves clutch pedal feel and results in faster gear changes
- Further defines the engagement point for easier take-offs and launches
- A practical, well-engineered solution to eliminating unnecessary long pedal travel
- Professionally selected high quality parts by our in-house Engineering Team
- Using custom-spec’d hardware, our thread-in design is far superior to the competition. The advantage over a fir-tree style design (competition) is a much more rigid stop, that is going to stand up to repeated pedal mashing. This gives the user a more confident , OE-like feel.
- No dense foam to compress, leaving a “sticky” or “squishy” feeling after clutch depressed stroke
- Polyurethane bumper to absorb shock during aggressive shifting
- Zinc-coated hardware for corrosion protection
- Zinc-alloy rivet nut makes a solid connection for the stop
INSTALLATION AND SUPPORT
You can also check out our installation PDF under the INSTALLATION tab for more information. For MINI Cooper models follow Step #2 down.
Drill bit for metal in 25/64” size, Included in this kit
Riv-nut tool, Included in this kit
This Part Fits the Following Vehicles