The ECS Tuning 2018+ Atlas 2.0T Luft-Technik (Air Technology) Intake System is a premium in-house designed engine aspiration product that frees up intake restrictions (+23% CFM gain over stock) in order to maximize intake efficiency, while unleashing intoxicating turbocharger sounds, along with blending automotive engineering into an artistic canvas of underhood beauty. Our system is constructed of premium materials and utilizes the most advanced development methods available to date. Our system is engineered to fit exactly like OEM with simple hand tools and includes all new installation hardware.
Our ECS Luft-Technik Intake System features a large heat shield, which utilizes the factory inlet scoop to direct cool, ambient air to our high flow, reusable air filter. Engine bay heat is kept off the air filter with our precision engineered heat shield and EPDM foam rubber edge trim which seals against the hood liner to maintain repeatable power delivery. Our cotton gauze, reusable air filter features a 3 5/8" bell mouth inlet to smooth incoming air which is then directed to our included Silicone Turbo Inlet Hose for a direct, smooth flow path into the factory turbo inlet elbow.
Designed and engineered in-house using state of the art 3D laser scanning and CAD technology for precision fitment
HEAT SHIELD ASSEMBLY
Precisely engineered to seal off against radiant engine bay heat and to swirl cool air back towards the air filter
Mounts to the OEM airbox mounting posts with new rubber insulating grommets and our sheet metal mounting bracket
Made from heat-resistant, vacuum formed polypropylene
Use of ABS vacuum formed materials chosen to ensure repeatable manufacturing, precision fitment and OE-like finish
Carefully selected textured matte black finish with OEM-like stippling chosen to match other OEM underhood plastics
- AIR FILTER - 3 5/8" conical, cotton gauze, clean-able filter element. Features smooth bell mouth inlet and a conical shape that maximizes filtration surface area. An 8-ply cotton gauze construction provides the best balance between airflow and filtration efficiency.
- AIR FILTER MOUNT - CNC machined from a block of 6061-T6 aluminum, then anodized for long-lasting great looks, our filter mount secures the air filter to the heat shield, while providing a smooth flow path between the air filter and intake hose. An included threaded nipple provides the necessary clean air source to the intake manifold runner flap solenoid to maintain OEM operation.
- SILICONE INTAKE HOSE - Made from 4-ply fiberglass reinforced silicone to prevent collapsing under high vacuum conditions. Features a smooth transition with a gradual taper from the air filter mount to the turbo inlet elbow for the least-amount of turbulent airflow. Designed to handle high engine bay temperatures and is resistant to oil / chemical degradation for long term durability. Includes stainless steel, smooth band "German Style" hose clamps.
Heat Shield Assembly - with pre-installed perimeter bulb seal
3 5/8" Cotton Gauze Air Filter with Hose Clamp
Air Filter Mount
4-Ply Silicone Turbo Inlet Hose with Hose Clamps
Installation Hardware Pack
Rubber airbox mounting grommets (2)
CNC-bent, wrinkle black powdercoated, aluminum airbox mounting bracket with hardware
- Black oxide stainless MAF mounting bolts, washers and nuts
- Vacuum nipple attachment for intake runner flap solenoid
Flow bench tested on our in-house Superflow SF-750 Flowbench we observed +97 CFM (+23%) gain over the stock intake system!
ECS Luft-Technik Intake - 520 CFM @ 17.5" H²O
Stock Intake - 423 CFM @ 17.5" H²O
Our ECS Luft-Technik Intake System was designed, engineered, tested and quality inspected by our Research and Development team in our Wadsworth, Ohio facility. We strive for the highest level of precision and quality through leading-edge product development technology including FARO laser scanning for reverse engineering and quality inspection, SolidWorks 3D CAD modeling, rapid prototyping utilizing our in-house 3D printer and rigorous long term product testing. Performance data metrics are collected utilizing our in-house Superflow SF-750 Flowbench.
INSTALLATION AND SUPPORT
Need installation tips? We put together a full installation tutorial from start to finish including how to remove your OEM parts in detail! See our Installation PDF under the INSTALLATION Tab for more information.
This Part Fits the Following Vehicles
|Volkswagen||Atlas Cross Sport||4Motion||2.0T Gen3|
|Volkswagen||Atlas Cross Sport||FWD||2.0T Gen3|