The ECS Tuning Luft-Technik Front Mount Intercooler and Charge Pipe Kit was designed and engineered in-house to provide you with a direct bolt-on system to increase air flow, decrease restrictions, and drastically lower temps!
The R&D team at ECS Tuning has spent countless hours creating and testing a system to optimize performance and efficiency while providing the clean look that Audi owners have come to expect. We designed the intercooler and charge pipe kit to be a direct mount, resulting in a simple install for a complete cooling solution.
ECS Tuning's Luft-Technik Intercooler features an aluminum bar and plate core with cast aluminum end tanks, finished in a silver powder coat with the embossed ECS Tuning logo. The 2 inch thick core offers a huge 2.15 sq ft surface area as compared to the small OEM side mounts. Each intercooler is pressure tested to withstand a minimum of 3.5 bar and designed to increase power, improve efficiency, and reduce heat soak. Our engineers provided a proper fit and ensure that no trimming or cutting is necessary, making installation completely reversible.
Due to the location and substantial increase in intercooler size, the small factory power steering cooler is eliminated and replaced with a high performance Derale power steering cooler and custom mounting bracket!
The intercooler charge pipes are made of 6063 aluminum and feature a diameter of 60mm. Designed to be a direct fit, the hard pipes maintains the factory MAP sensor location and comes with all necessary hardware. The aluminum pipes are a great replacement for the brittle factory plastic pipes and results in an increase in turbo sound!
Increasing the surface area by using a larger more efficient core design and providing a smoother air path, we were able to lower temps by 17 degrees while increasing the intercoolers efficiency by 26.2% percent on a stage 1 tune! The temperature and efficiency data shows that there is a significant reduction in air temperature and pressure drop leaving the intercooler, which lead to max power gains of 12 WHP and 12 WTQ in high stress and high temperature conditions while reducing the strain on the engine. Make sure you check out our dyno graphs!
- Max power gains of 12 WHP and 12 WTQ
- Reduced intake temperatures and air turbulence
- Increased air flow capacity
- Up to 26.2% improved intercooler efficiency on a stage 1 tune
- 5 back to back pulls on dyno showed only a 1.7 F increase in intercooler outlet temperature
- 16.9 F total reduction in temps compared to stock
- Substantially less pressure drop across intercooler
- Cast aluminum intercooler end tanks
- Bar and plate design intercooler core
- 60mm diameter charge pipes for increased flow
- Upgraded Derale power steering cooler with custom relocation bracket
- Charge pipes are constructed of CNC mandrel bent 6063 aluminum tubing
- Includes stainless steel t-bolt clamps, silicone couplers, and all necessary hardware for installation
- Easy and direct replacement upgraded intercooler
This system is capable of withstanding greater heat and higher boost pressure over factory. The Luft-Technik Intercooler System was designed with a focus on improving performance while maintaining OEM fitment with the use of quality parts. Attention to detail is never missed here at ECS Tuning, and this is no exception.
For help with installation we have provided you with a PDF, available under the Installation category on the product page, to guide you through fitting on your new front mount intercooler!
- FMIC, front mount, frontmount
This Part Fits the Following Vehicles