The Engineering team at ECS Tuning has spent countless hours in the development of the exclusive Audi B9 SQ5 3.0T Luft-Technik (Air Technology) Cold Air Intake System. This intake was precision engineered using state of the art laser scanning, dyno and flow bench testing, and 3D CAD technology to combine factory-like fitment in your engine bay with increased engine performance.
The powder coated aluminum heat shield resists the performance robbing effects of heat soak by secluding the air filter to the right side of the engine bay. The turbo inlet hose is crafted of a high quality 4-ply silicone to achieve increased durability and resistance to collapsing. We also include a large bellmouth (velocity stack) filter flange inlet to reduce turbulence and maximize flow.
This intake has been subjected to rigorous real world testing with verified performance gains on our in-house dyno and flow bench resulting in an increase of 17WHP and 26WTQ with a JB4 tuner and an x-pipe and a 33.5% increase in flow rate over stock. The increase in turbocharger spool noise during heavy acceleration is an enthusiast's dream, giving hint to the added performance without being too intrusive. The end result of all of this effort is an intake system that combines fitment, quality and performance into one stunning package that will make a statement in your engine bay.
The ECS Tuning Luft-Technik Intake System features:
- Specifically crafted to fit Audi B9 SQ5 3.0T engines using all stock mounting locations
- 4-ply silicone turbo inlet to hinder collapsing
- Powder Coated aluminum heat shield and inlet duct that seal to the hood to lower intake temps
- 3" conical hi-flow reusable air filter; featuring 8 ply cotton gauze construction and a bell mouth inlet to minimize restriction while maximizing filtration efficiency
- Stainless steel hardware & hose clamps for exceptional corrosion resistance and durability
- Broader and smoother torque curve for an enhanced driving experience
- Max gains of +17 WHP / +26 FT-LBS WTQ with a JB4 tune and an x-pipe
- Flow rate of 408.5 CFM compared to the stock intake at 305.8 CFM when tested at -10.0 in H2O - this is a 33.5% increase in flow rate!
- No modifications required, fully reversible installation
- Complete install instructions provided!
Settle for nothing but the absolute best with ECS Tuning's Luft-Technik Intake Systems.
For help with installation please download or print ECS Tuning's in-depth PDF installation instructions found under the Installation tab.
** Not CARB Approved.
This Part Fits the Following Vehicles