Replace your fragile plastic oil filter housing with an attractive, durable, 6061-T6 aluminum housing from ECS Tuning. Far stronger than the original, the ECS housing requires no special tools to open the drain plug during an oil change; all you'll need is a common 8 mm Allen wrench. For added convenience, the housing plug sealing ring is identical to the one on the crankcase drain plug, making it easy to source and install new seals for a leak-free job.
- Place your car securely on a lift, jack stands, or ramps
- Pop the hood, remove your engine oil cap from the engine bay
- Drain the oil from the filter housing and the oil drain plug
- Use a 36mm socket to unscrew the housing from the engine (Schwaben socket – ES240945).
- Remove the old filter, and install a new one, making sure to transfer the filter retainer to the ECS housing
- Replace the rubber housing oil ring with the new o-ring contained in the filter kit.
- Screw the housing on to the engine, and torque to 18 foot pounds.
- Reinstall the drain plug with new copper ring, and tighten to 22 foot pounds.
- Add a VW approved 502 / 505 engine oil. (Not sure about the right oil? Visit our Maintenance section!)
That's it. No more cracked housings. No more oil spills on your garage floor. No need for a special drain plug tool. No more plastic drain plugs mangled by adjustable pliers.Talk about a no-brainer.
Fits 2.0T FSI & 2.5L.
This Part Fits the Following Vehicles