Early VW/Audi PCV systems are prone to excessive amounts of oil vapors entering the intake tract. Over time the factory PCV system spews out large amounts of oil within the intake and intercooler system. This leads to an accumulation of standing oil within the intercooler and charge pipe hoses, buildup of carbon on intake valves and concentrations of acids, oxidants and water within the engine oil all which lead to lost power and poor drive ability.
ECS Tuning now has the solution with our ECS Baffled Oil Catch Can System. In house designed and engineered, our system is designed to plumb toxic blow-by gasses to our highly efficient 4 chamber baffled oil catch can. Our catch can is positioned in-line of the factory 3-way PCV breather hose (from valve cover and engine block vents) and returns a clean, air/oil separated air charge directly back into the turbo inlet pipe for a clean, efficient operating PCV system.
Key benefits of the ECS Baffled Oil Catch Can System:
- Highly Efficient Oil Separator (Catch Can):
- Strategically positioned 4 chamber baffle system maximizes oil / air separation
- Engineered to create multiple changes in the direction of airflow within the separator to cause oil droplets to fall out of suspension before exiting the catch can
- Knurled and black anodized integrated oil dipstick makes inspecting oil volume of the reservoir clean and simple
- Fully serviceable for routine cleaning and maintenance; Includes 2.5mm allen key to remove baffle plates for cleaning
- -10AN ORB (O-Ring Boss) fittings for leak-free fitting connections
- 6061-T6 billet machined body, anodized black for lasting protection and appearance
- Easy to drain reservoir, simply un-threads from the oil separator for quick draining or cleaning
- Completely reversible installation, as no OEM components are permanently modified
- OE style appearance once installed
Each system includes the following:
- 4 Chamber Baffled Oil Catch Can with integrated dipstick and service tool
- CNC bent, black anodized, aluminum catch can bracket
- CNC bent, black anodized, aluminum power steering hose relocation bracket
- Black phosphate flanged nuts to secure the bracket to the unused studs on rain tray
- NOTE: Some models may not have studs present - please drill and secure with included hardware
- 19mm 3 ply pre-molded black silicone feed and return hoses
- Pre-molded to exact contours and constraints -- This alone make's installation as easy as changing your own oil!
- Oil and fuel resistant to chemical degradation
- Includes stainless German-style smooth band hose clamps
- Nylon plastic barbed tube fittings
- Billet machined aluminum catch can inlet and outlet fittings
- Oil and fuel resistant, high temperature Viton O-Rings pre-installed
Our ECS Tuning Baffled Oil Catch Can System was designed, engineered, tested and quality inspected by our Research and Development team in our Wadsworth, Ohio facility. We ensured the highest level of precision and quality is delivered throughout rigorous long term product testing and leading edge product development methods.
This Part Fits the Following Vehicles
|Volkswagen||Jetta IV GLI||All||1.8T|