Today's direct fuel injection systems have taken engine performance to a whole new level, but there is a drawback. With no fuel vapors to clean the intake valves, the oil particles that are drawn into the intake from the PCV system will deposit themselves onto the valves and intake ports. Over time this will result in an excessive carbon buildup, resulting in lost power and poor drivability.
ECS Tuning now has the solution with our ECS Baffled Oil Catch Can System. In house engineered, our system is designed to collect toxic blow-by gasses, reduce carbon build up and reduce concentrations of acids, oxidants and water within the engine oil.
Through multiple design iterations and several prototypes tested, and with the proper understanding of the TSI engine's PCV system, we can confidently give you the finest oil catch can system available on the market!
By retaining the good OEM parts and eliminating the bad, we're able to collect as much blow-by gas as possible, bringing oil ingestion through the intake to an absolute minimum.
Key benefits of the ECS Baffled Oil Catch Can System:
- Highly Efficient Oil Separator (Catch Can):
- Strategically positioned 4 chamber baffle system maximizes oil / air separation
- Engineered to create multiple changes in the direction of airflow within the separator to cause oil droplets to fall out of suspension before exiting the catch can
- Knurled and black anodized integrated oil dipstick makes inspecting oil volume of the reservoir clean and simple
- Fully serviceable for routine cleaning and maintenance; Includes 2.5mm allen key to remove baffle plates for cleaning
- -10AN ORB (O-Ring Boss) fittings for leak-free fitting connections
- 6061-T6 billet machined body, anodized black for lasting protection and appearance
- Easy to drain reservoir, simply un-threads from the oil separator for quick draining or cleaning
- Eliminates the Front PCV Port:
- Eliminates the possibility of pressurizing the crankcase under boost, in the event of a potential PCV failure
- With the inlet at the turbo inlet pipe, there is far less chance of oil collection on the intake valves due to an otherwise system ingesting oil directly to the intake manifold port
- No heavy vacuum (under idle) will be seen by the PCV, causing it to stay open and minimizing the risk of failure in the diaphragm
- The OEM fine oil (cyclonic) separator is retained. Due to the retention of this component, the catch can will not have to be emptied as often, as its focus will be on capturing the ultra-fine oil vapor
- Engine cover fitment is maintained on both the OEM and ECS Carbon Fiber with no modifications needed
- Completely reversible installation, as no OEM components are permanently modified. This is ideal for those who choose to remove their catch can during the cold winter months
Each system includes the following:
- 4 Chamber Baffled Oil Catch Can with integrated dipstick and service tool
- CNC bent, black anodized, aluminum catch can bracket
- Black zinc OEM fasteners to secure the bracket to the right side engine mount
- -10AN black nylon braided hose
- Cut to the perfect length -- This alone make's installation as easy as changing your own oil!
- -10AN black anodized swivel fittings are pre-installed on each hose for a direct fit install
- Oil and fuel resistant to chemical degradation
- -10AN black anodized line separators
- Oil and fuel resistant, high temperature viton O-Rings pre-installed on all adapters
- Billet machined 6061-T6 aluminum components, anodized black:
- -10AN ORB (O-Ring Boss) extension
- PCV end cap fittings with OEM securing clips
- -10AN intake tube adapter with OEM metal securing clip
- Uniquely designed -10AN rear PCV port adapter
Engineered and manufactured in the USA, you can expect the best performance and longevity with our superior Oil Catch Can System from ECS Tuning!
This Part Fits the Following Vehicles
|Volkswagen||Tiguan 1||4 Motion||2.0T|
|Volkswagen||Tiguan 2||4 Motion||2.0T|