The Engineering team at ECS Tuning has spent countless hours in the development of the exclusive B8 2.0T Kohlefaser Luft-Technik Intake System. This intake was precision engineered using state of the art laser scanning, dyno testing, and 3D CAD technology to ensure factory-like fitment in your engine bay as well as increased performance and engine efficiency.
This intake is crafted of high quality hand laid carbon fiber with a fiberglass interior layer to achieve world class appearance and durability while resisting the performance robbing effects of heat soak. We have subjected this intake to rigorous real world testing, and verified the performance gains and increased efficiency on our in-house chassis dyno. ECS Tuning has also included an ancillary heat shield that attaches directly to the OEM exhaust manifold heat shield to further reduce temperatures in the engine bay. The slight increase in induction noise during heavy acceleration gives hint to the added performance without being too intrusive. The end result of all of this effort is an intake system that combines unrivaled beauty, fitment, quality and performance in one stunning package that will make a statement in your engine bay.
The ECS Tuning Kohlefaser Luft-Technik Intake System features:
- Specifically crafted to fit B8 / B8.5 2.0T engines using all stock mounting locations
- Carbon Fiber upper lid
- Powder coated twin-layer aluminum heat shield
- Brushed secondary 5052 aluminum heat shield
- 3" conical hi-flow reusable air filter; featuring 8 ply cotton gauze construction and a bell mouth inlet to minimize restriction while maximizing filtration efficiency
- 4-ply silicone turbo inlet to hinder collapsing mated with stainless steel hardware & hose clamps for exceptional corrosion resistance and durability
- Broader and smoother torque curve for an enhanced driving experience
- Gains of +4 WHP / +4 FT-LBS WTQ on APR Stage 1 ECU Upgrade
- Dyno proven increased engine efficiency
- Reduced intake restriction
- Reduced turbo outlet temperatures
- Reduced turbo strain: lower pressure ratio
- Reduced ignition timing retard
- No modifications required, fully reversible installation
- Complete install instructions provided!
ECS Tuning's Kohlefaser Luft-Technik Intake System not only adds aesthetics and increased power output, but also allows your engine to run more efficiently. Due to the better flowing and more efficient intake design we were able to reduce turbo outlet temperatures by as much as 34°F at wide open throttle, and increase intake flow by 160% when compared to stock. This resulted in pulling equal amounts of power at lower boost levels and a more consistent running engine. Our testing showed that the stock intake was so restrictive that the ECU was pulling ignition timing and increasing boost to make up for the intakes inherently restrictive design. By carefully designing the intake, we were able to ensure that the ECU was not pulling ignition timing and producing power at lower boost levels. With the combination of increased ignition timing, reduced intake restriction and reduced turbo outlet temperatures, we were successfully able to design an intake system that overall outperforms the stock intake in every single way while reducing the stress placed on the motor.
Settle for nothing but the absolute best with ECS Tuning's Kohlefaser Luft-Technik Intake Systems.
For help with installation please download or print ECS Tuning's in-depth PDF installation instructions found under the Installation tab.
*Not CARB Approved.
This Part Fits the Following Vehicles