The ECS Tuning 2016+ Jetta 1.4T TSI Luft-Technik (Air Technology) Intake System is a premium in-house designed engine aspiration product that frees up intake restrictions (+42% CFM gain over stock) in order to maximize intake efficiency, generating +8 wheel horsepower and +15 Ft/lbs of wheel torque, while unleashing intoxicating turbocharger sounds and blending automotive engineering into an artistic canvas of underhood beauty. Our system is constructed of premium materials and utilizes the most advanced development methods available to date. Our system is engineered to fit exactly like OEM with simple hand tools and includes all new installation hardware.
Our ECS Luft-Technik Intake System features a sealed heat shield assembly to direct cool, ambient air to our high flow, reusable air filter. Engine bay heat is kept off the air filter with EPDM foam rubber edge trim which seals the heat shield to the underside of the hood liner to maintain repeatable power delivery. Our cotton gauze, reusable air filter features a 3.0" bell mouth inlet to smooth incoming air into our large aluminum tube, which is then directed to our included Silicone Intake Hose for a direct, smooth flow path into the factory turbo inlet elbow.
HEAT SHIELD ASSEMBLY:
- Precisely engineered to seal off against radiant engine bay heat with our EPDM rubber edge trim
- Located directly behind the factory inlet grille for the most efficient use of cool, ambient air
- CNC bent aluminum mounting brackets attach the heat shield to OEM mounting locations
- Slotted features allow for adjustment on all axes
- Pre-installed press-fit nuts make for an effortless installation
- Made from heat-resistant, vacuum formed polypropylene
- Carefully selected textured matte black finish with OEM-like stippling chosen to match other OEM underhood plastics
- Use of ABS vacuum formed materials chosen to ensure repeatable manufacturing, precision fitment and OE-like finish
HIGH FLOW AIR FILTER:
- 3.0" conical, cotton gauze, clean-able filter element
- Features a smooth bell mouth inlet and a conical shape that maximizes filtration surface area
- An 8-ply cotton gauze construction provides the best balance between airflow and filtration efficiency
ALUMINUM INTAKE TUBE:
- Made from 3.0" mandrel-bent aluminum tubing, then powdercoated in a wrinkle black finish for long-lasting great looks, our intake tube secures the air filter to the heat shield, while providing a smooth flow path between the filter and turbo inlet hose coupler
- A TIG-welded nipple provides the necessary clean air source to the PCV system for OEM operation
SILICONE TURBO INLET HOSE:
- Made from 4-ply fiberglass reinforced silicone to prevent collapsing under high vacuum conditions
- Designed to handle high engine bay temperatures, and resistant to oil / chemical degradation for long term durability
- Stainless steel, smooth band "German Style" hose clamps included
- Features a smooth transition with a gradual taper, along with a counterbore at the turbo inlet, for the least-amount of turbulent airflow
Heat Shield Assembly with pre-installed EPDM perimeter bulb seal
Aluminum Mounting Brackets (upper and lower)
3.0" Cotton Gauze Air Filter with Hose Clamp
Aluminum Intake Tube
4-Ply Silicone Turbo Inlet Coupler with Hose Clamps
Installation Hardware Pack
Dyno-tested on our in-house Mustang AWD 500 SE in ground dyno on a 2017 VW Jetta 1.4T with APR (87 octane) Stage 1 ECU software we recorded significant gains throughout the low range power-band.
PEAK gains of +8 WHP & +15 WTQ
Stock Intake - 151 WHP at 6,000 RPM & 217 WTQ at 3,200 RPM
ECS Luft-Technik Intake - 152 WHP at 6,000 RPM & 234 WTQ at 2,500 RPM
Flow bench tested on our in-house Superflow SF-750 Flowbench we observed +131 CFM (+42%) gain over the stock intake system!
ECS Luft-Technik Intake - 439 CFM @ 10" H²O
Stock Intake - 308 CFM @ 10" H²O
Our ECS Luft-Technik Intake System was designed, engineered, tested and quality inspected by our Research and Development team in our Wadsworth, Ohio facility. We strive for the highest level of precision and quality through leading-edge product development technology including FARO laser scanning for reverse engineering and quality inspection, SolidWorks 3D CAD modeling, rapid prototyping utilizing our in-house 3D printer and rigorous long term product testing. Performance data metrics are collected utilizing our in-house Mustang AWD 500 SE in ground dyno and in-house Superflow SF-750 Flowbench.
INSTALLATION AND SUPPORT
Need installation tips? We put together a full installation tutorial from start to finish including how to remove your OEM parts in detail! See our Installation PDF under the INSTALLATION Tab for more information.
- CAI, cold air, technic
This Part Fits the Following Vehicles
|Volkswagen||Jetta VI||Sedan Facelift||1.4T|