Looking to eliminate your dual-mass flywheel? Overwhelmed with all the options, but hearing complaints about so many of them with rattling or chatter from them? Problem solved. Introducing the all-new Lightweight Performance Flywheel from ECS Tuning. Engineered in-house with the enthusiast daily driver in mind, this is the perfect option for those wanting a lightweight flywheel without the annoying chatter heard from so many other options on the market. Designed to accommodate all conditions: from Sunday drives through the country, to the abuse of the track. No matter your driving style or ability, this is the flywheel for you.
- Eliminates factory dual-mass flywheel for:
- Crisper shifts
- Improved throttle response
- Improved acceleration
- Lower replacement cost
- Hardened 4140 Chromoly Steel for excellent engagement feel and wear resistance; zinc plated for corrosion resistance
- Designed for use with any E34 M5 pressure plate and clutch for OE-type clutch feel
- Sprung-hub clutch disc to eliminate chatter at idle and reduce driveline shock loading
- Weighs in at just 16.5lbs!
- SFI tested and certified to ensure safe operation under all conditions
Why is SFI testing and certification important?
The SFI Foundation, Inc. (SFI) is a non-profit organization established to issue and administer standards for the quality assurance of specialty performance and racing equipment. SFI certification indicates a flywheel has been certified using industry-standard SFI Spec 1.1 standards by an independent testing body to ensure quality of both design and materials for flywheels utilized in competitive motorsports.
Having successfully passed SFI certification, this flywheel has an individual SFI serial number found in a laser etching, and on an affixed sticker. This certification means our ECS-engineered flywheel is safe and reliable during the rigors of competitive racing; it's also safe and reliable for years and years of street use.
This Part Fits the Following Vehicles