BMW has long suffered issues with rear shock mount blowout on M3 and non-M 3 Series models dating back to 1984 with the E30 chassis. Little changed over the following two decades, and E36, E46, and Z3/Z4 models are also prone to this style of failure. After striking a pothole or another seemingly innocuous obstacle, a clunking from the rear emerges and handling becomes sloppy. Your shocks have blown through their mounts.
Enter the Ultimate Performance Rear Shock Mount Kit from ECS Tuning. Not only does our industry-first design alleviate the blowout problem once and for all, but allows rear dampers to fully articulate, for the best possible damper performance and longevity. We accomplish this with no noticeable increase in noise, vibration, or harshness (NVH) thanks to our unique rebuildable polyurethane isolation. The poly bushings not only keep NVH to a minimum, but they also reduce impact loading on the bearing, improving bearing life over full solid mounted monoball designs. To further improve bearing life and longevity, our design incorporates a lower dust seal to keep road debris, grit and other contaminates out of the bearing. Combined with our Heavy Duty Shock Mount Reinforcement Plates designed exclusively for the E46 convertible, these are the best rear shock mounts available, and the last you will ever need.
- Maintenance free, PTFE lined, stainless steel monoball spherical bearing for full shaft articulation
- Lower dust seal for improved bearing life
- 80A polyurethane isolation bushings for NVH control and improved bearing life
- Accommodates 10mm, 12mm, or 14mm damper shafts*
- Fully constrained shaft mount makes blowouts impossible
- Hard anodized 6061-T6 construction
- Class 10 black zinc plated studs
- New OEM lock nuts included
- Fully rebuildable design
- Included Reinforcement Plates are CNC machined from 4mm thick steel and black zinc plated for beautiful finish and excellent corrosion resistance.
*For use with factory-style 10mm damper shafts. If you have factory-style mounts presently, you have 10mm damper shafts. Upgraded your suspension and now need spacers for a different size shaft? Also available for use with less-common 12mm (ES2770131) and 14mm (ES2770132) shafts, which can be found on certain high performance dampers.
*During installation a 17ft-lb torque spec is required to avoid damage to the mounts.
This Part Fits the Following Vehicles
|BMW||Z4||M Roadster||S54 3.2L|