N20/N26 Competition Series Front Mount Intercooler, Full Kit - Manual
Heat soak is one of the obstacles to making big power from turbocharged engines. The stock intercooler design is commendable for single runs at the stock boost levels, but add any more boost and the system is quickly overwhelmed. As the ECU corrects for heat soak, the boost will be decreased and power reduced. Installing an upgraded intercooler is essential to keeping the engine computer from restraining boost as temperatures climb and helps to maintain boost levels even in the face of elevated turbocharger temperatures. The Evolution Racewerks Competition intercooler is much larger than stock, providing more surface area for cooling air to pass through. Even heat soak at low speeds is reduced, making this a worthwhile addition even for stock or mildly tuned engines.
Available in either Brushed, Polished or Type III Hard Anodized Black, this intercooler looks great and holds up! The hard anodized will not only give your car the stealthy look but will also protect the intercooler fins from damage. Without any reduction in thermal efficiency, hard anodizing will prevent your fins from getting deformed as easily from daily driving or road debris. It also has the added benefit of not drawing attention to the fact that the vehicle has been modified.
The Full Kit consists of everything included in the Standard Kit but adds the Turbo to Intercooler Pipe Kit (TIC Pipe). Increase throttle response, as well as decrease turbo lag, are the benefits of the new TIC Pipe Kit. With the Full Kit, ALL the factory rubber and plastic intercooler pipes will be replaced. You will have full hard piping throughout your system.
- Designed specifically to fit (and look good) on the 228i, 328i, and 428i.
- Large 20"x11"x3" (26"x11"x3" with end tanks) High Density Bar & Plate Construction Intercooler Core
- Cast end tanks for improved durability and internal flow characteristics.
- Brush finish standard
- Optional Polished finish available.
- Optional Type III Hard Black Anodizing (for stealth) finish on the intercooler, end tanks, and all piping. Hard anodizing helps improve the durability of intercooler fins against damage from road debris (rocks).
- Features the factory style connectors. Fully compatible with factory piping or aftermarket piping utilizing factory style connectors. Compatible with our charge pipe upgrade kit.
- Maintains ALL factory components. No modifications required. 100% bolt on.
- Includes all hardware needed to install.
- Developed and tested for over a year under the harsh conditions of racing.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty.
1 High-density bar & plate type Competition intercooler
Upgraded turbo intercooler piping with silicone couplers
Upgraded charge pipes with silicone couplers
This Part Fits the Following Vehicles
|BMW||F22||228i xDrive||N20 2.0L|
|BMW||F30||328i xDrive||N20 2.0L|
|BMW||F31||328i xDrive||N20 2.0L|
|BMW||F32||428i xDrive||N20 2.0L|
|BMW||F33||428i xDrive||N20 2.0L|
|BMW||F34||328i xDrive||N20 2.0L|
|BMW||F36||428i xDrive||N20 2.0L|