The IE FDS (Flow Distribution System) has proven to distribute charge air uniformly across the inlet end of the core. In contrast to other intercoolers on the market which rely on natural airflow across the core, their FDS technology uses precisely shaped and placed fins cast into the intake plenum to fully take advantage of the large core volume effectively using the entire core. As a result, the IE FDS intercooler has been proven to reduce intake air temperatures more so than other units available, thus offering the largest power gains possible.
- Perfect fit, installs with no fuss or modifications.
- Reduce charge air temperatures drastically for more horsepower
- FDS system utilizes core more evenly then competitors
- Increases horsepower and torque
- Removes power robbing heat soak
- Includes bung for easy setup of water/meth nozzles
- Large bar and fin core measures 16.39" x 24" x 2.25"
- 93% more intercooler core volume than OE MQB GTI
- Fully machined mounting bosses for a perfect fit
- Fully machined inlet/outlet connections for a leak free seal
- Perfect OEM fitment, no trimming required
- Large 2.75" inlet and outlet connections
- 5 ply silicone hoses ensure reliability
- Includes all necessary hardware and hose clamps for installation
*Install guide can be found here: http://www.performancebyie.com/blog/ie-mk7mqb-intercooler-install-guide/
This Part Fits the Following Vehicles
|Volkswagen||Golf VII||GTI||1.8T Gen3|
|Volkswagen||Golf VII||GTI||2.0T Gen3|
|Volkswagen||Golf VII R||GTI||2.0T Gen3|