The F87 M2 N55 Turner Motorsport Baffled Oil Catch Can & Drain System is designed with a strategically placed 4 chamber baffle system with an added easy drain plug feature for easy oil removal. The intent behind this design is to offer the most effective oil/air separation while being incredibly easy to maintain. The included drain kit allows you to route the drain hose to a mounted location near the belly pan of the vehicle making it convenient to empty at oil change intervals.
Modern emissions regulations require the use of a closed crankcase ventilation (PCV) system to recirculate combustion blow-by gases from the crankcase back into the intake to be burned. Unfortunately, these blow-by gases contain water vapor (which is a byproduct of combustion) and pick up oil mist from and the windage cloud and cam lubrication system as they travel through the crankcase. Due to less than 100% effective air/oil separation in the stock PCV system, some oil mist and water vapor gets carried back to the intake tract and over time causes oil to deposit in the intake manifold, intake ports, and on the back of intake valves. This will eventually lead to poor performance and reduced fuel economy, and the presence of this oil mist in the intake charge may even increase the risk of engine-damaging detonation.
With forced induction, track use, and/or extended high RPM usage, these symptoms increase as the factory PCV system is overwhelmed, and a catch can becomes a must for your F87 M2.
- 6061-T6 billet machined body, anodized black for lasting protection and appearance
- Strategically positioned 4 chamber baffle system maximizes oil/air separation
- Knurled and black anodized oil dipstick makes inspecting oil volume of the reservoir clean and simple
- Sealed with a pre-installed o-ring
- Includes 2.5mm Allen key to remove baffle plates for cleaning
- Engineered to create multiple changes in the direction of airflow within the separator to cause oil droplets to fall out of suspension before exiting the catch can
- Closed/recirculated design reduces oil ingestion and promotes cleaner emissions and odor-less operation
- Valved drainage system - no removal of can necessary to empty
This Part Fits the Following Vehicles